BW writers and Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 14, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    What if Mr. DiTillo and Mr. Foward (writers of BW) wrote Animated instead of Mr. Isenberg? Would it be better or worse?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt it would be strongly better though it might be different.

Isenberg was a primary writer on Beast Machines, and I don't see much obviously in common between it and Animated, for example.

3. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I wish we could stop trying to ruin animated with that abortion bw/bm. That junk is pure garbage. (transforming donkeys are gay)

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that they should replace Isenberg as he's been doing a great job so far but it would be awesome if they wrote an episode or 2

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    We would have utilized G1 somehow to fuel the current story, creating exact copies of the Beast Wars cast (Primal = Prime, Cheetor = Bumblebee, Rhinox = Ratchet, Dinobot = Prowl, Rattrap = Bulkhead), while suffering from too much slapstick comedy.

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Somebody didn't like Beast Wars, I guess.

Though TBH, I'd love to see some Beast Wars characters cross over who are the original characters (but from their reality, not this one). Specifically, I've got a whole story involving Tarantulas. Which has been facilitated by the TF Club Transtech fiction. And Megatron wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch either assuming we take the Botcon audio play as canon.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I thought I'd read that was Hasbro's doing--to make BW more kid-friendly.

In any case, I think the first response has it. It wouldn't necessarily be better, just different. I'm surprised that Isenberg is primary for the stories in animated--it's a totally different style from BM. I think the shows are fine as is, with the exception of having to tolerate the 'baddy of the week' feel from the first season.

And personally, I'm not a keen fan of the Sari relationship--though they still make it work for what it's supposed to be.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, I think the first response got it right. It wouldn't neccesarrily be better, but it would be different (though I still think it might be good as BW was).

Still, on that note, Isenberg was the head writer for BM and that's universally hated by most Transformers fans... however Animated is quite a different series and very cool to a good deal of fans.

So, yeah... maybe not better, but possibly different.