BW vs. PRIME

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I mean when it comes to screen time. But you know what? I'm begging to see that people listen to the comlainers of Prime a LOT LOT more than the lovers because lovers like me are OBVIOUSLY BLIND to how FLAWED it is in comparisin to Beast Wars.:sly:  Why listen to the lovers when the complainers are more intelligent enough to see things better? I knew this would be one sided but appreantly I wasn't thinking about minding other peoples bessuines when it comes to this.

Okay sorry for almost going on edge with this and I'm taking this WAY too personal.:eek:  I didn't mean what I said so this is my last post for this thread because this is starting to get me crazy again and I don't want that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinon and I do belive that.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Technology has nothing to do with the topic: the writing, characters and story (ies).

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're the one making it one sided, by confronting anyone who has an opinion you don't 100% agree with. You're bringing negativity into the thread, and as a result you're getting it back. Big damn surprise.

Seriously, look at your posts. Very confrontational, and you seem like you're trying to pick fights with people who don't love Prime as much as you. You even talked about "prime getting no love" in a reply about someone who has a prime avatar and sig. Guess shroobmaster just doesn't love it enough for your standards.

Let people voice their opinions without bitching at them.

4. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Season 2 is really the defining point for Prime as a series, if it pulls it off then I have no doubt in my mind this show will rank up there with BW.

Especially considering BW followed a similar format

-Filler episodes here and there
    -Keep Continuity stable
    -Hints to finale
    -BIG Season Finale
    -Even better Second Season.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Okay I probably deserved that negativty at me but I didn't mean to confront people who don't agree with me. I just got carried away by my own opinons and I shouldn't have let it.

Getting into fights was never my intention. Like I said I took opinons too personal for my own good. I respect Shroobmasters opinon on Prime I really do and I do know he does like it. I'm not trying to force people to like it.

I do let people voice their opinons and if I don't agree with some opinons I often let it be. This is a thread I shouldn't have stumbled on because I knew there would be posts that I may not agree with.

6. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You always get carried away.

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Not all the time. Often yes sadly, but not every time. Besides I have a friend that likes only the Movie verse but I'm good friends with him because I do respect his opinons.

8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    People shouldn't be worried about whether Prime is or isn't liked. Why? Because when BW came out, it was written off by all the G1 fans on every message board they could find, with only a few fans suggesting patience to see how it all panned out.

And it turned out pretty darn well.

Prime may increase in popularity amongst the fans over time, it may not, everything is clearer in retrospect.

But I will always hold BW above any other Transformers series, simply because of the way it transformed the franchise, the universe, and got a new generation of fans (me included) into the wonderful world of Transformers, a world we all enjoy.

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Prime far more than any other tf continuity, but I think I'd rather keep that a secret just saw I can keep watching kaijuguy run around I this thread.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Listen dude I didn't mean to make the other fans of TFP like yourself look like obsseive weirdos. Really I'm sorry for that.:eek:  I'm just not a great example about how a fan should react to opinons that some don't agree with.:(  You don't have to keep it a secret.

11. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    From what I've seen BW is superior to Prime in the area of character development. Plus it does not have 2 (Jack is okay) annoying kids.

12. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Prime is a very good show, but not as good as Animated. Both pale when compared to BW, however, which is not only the best TF cartoon, but also a damn good show in general.

Really? The only fembots I can think of are Arcee and Airachnid, while BW had Airazor, Arachnophobia, and Transmutate. Add BM and you got Strika and Botanica. I'm sure Prime will eventually have more, but as of now, BW had more.

I have not seen one post calling Prime a terrible show. Just because someone is (rightfully) praising BW doesn't mean that Prime is rubbish.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    If there's one thing they all have in common though is that they ALL have better storys and characters than the G1 show did. We can't deny that at least

Well I really meant was in terms of screentime for Prime. I don't know I was kind of getting desprete in trying to defend Prime that time.

I know there wasn't anyone saying that Prime is a terrible show but I was overeacting too much to know better, Prime is FAR from being rubbish, FAR from it! Sure it's not on Beast Wars level right now but how do we know that Season 2 won't fix that eventaully?

14. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    You're right on that one (Blackarachnia was the only one with a really major role in BW).

Prime is far far far from rubbish. It's quite good and I'm looking forward to both Season 2 and whenever I get my grubby hands on Legions Ratchet. And as others have said, it's too early to judge Prime.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's right. While Blackarachnia DOES indeed have a major role, Prime has more fembots in terms of having a major role and extra screentime in it.

I agree. It's too early to make a truly fair comparison for now.

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I tried watching BW, but I couldn't get over the fact that they weren't vehicles... just doesn't feel like Transformers to me.

Prime is amazing.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He reminds me of Miko in that way. He gets completely carried away, but by the end of the thread, he learns his lesson and apologizes to someone for doing it. But in the very next thread it's right back to square one like the previous episode never happened, he never learned the lesson and the cycle repeats over and over.

Maybe the writers will let him develop a little next season and not make him be so one-note.

Great post, great point.

18. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    While Prime will undoubtedly improve with season 2, I don't think it will ever touch BW. Beast Wars knew when to be serious and knew when to have fun. Prime just seems to be constantly stuck in serious mode and never livens up. I mean, I have no problem with a little bit of serious stuff here and there, but Prime just goes a bit over board with it. If Prime can learn to liven up a bit, I might like it more.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The following is not hating on Prime. It is a great show but...

In my opinion, Beast Wars is quite superior to Prime. Honestly, Prime is superior is tone and graphics and that's it. Its story has been slow and its character development has been poor. Although it still kicks the movies out the window for me.

My favorite series was Beats Wars but now I'm rewatching Beast Machines and am old enough to recognize good writing and dark tone, I must say it is rivaling BW. For me at least.

For Prime VS Beast Wars, to me, Beast Wars is the winner.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see some people giving Beast Machines a second chance. I've always thought it was better than it often gets credit for. And I bought the theme song on mp3 from amazon for 99 cents. :thumbs2: