BW Tripredacus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Noideaforaname, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Ah, yes, I remember now. Thanks.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fantastic review. Great subject.

I got this guy second-hand from a local comic book shop years ago. Mine has no weapons aside from the bug wing swords. I never knew what I was missing. :( 

The deco of this toy facinates me. There is almost no paint. At all. Eyes, cicada wings, and that's it. Sea Clamp and Ram Horn have to be the most unpainted Transformers of all time.

But they look so good. Must be that crazy shiny plastic.

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I hadn't really noticed it, but yeah, Tripredacus really doesn't have all that much paint aps. I think that Crawdawnt alone has just as much paint on him as all three of the Predacons (well, excluding the swords, but still)! They certainly don't feel unpainted. Like, I really can't think of anything that's missing or could be done better. I think what really makes it work is that the 'main' plastic for each of them (green, brown, dull purple) has a real cool and exoskeleton-esque sheen to it. It also helps that the cicada, beetle, and crawfish they were going for aren't super colorful.

4. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't in love with this guy when I first bought him a little while after he was released. I think I wanted "hands" or something and the whole combination seemed rough.

Pulled him out a few weeks ago after years, and I agree! He's pretty darn cool. And I love the giant claws. And the individual bots and beasts are pretty great for a combiner. Less compromise than on Magnaboss, that's for sure.

This review is fantastic and a ton of fun. It also makes me want to go grab my Tripredacus and transform him some more.

5. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Nice review. I use to have this figure way back when it first came out. It has since been gifted to a friend. My very first combiner!

6. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review! I love this set. Mine was starting to fall apart so I decided to get the Japanese version. It took a year to get the complete set, but now I am scared to touch them. Lol. I do love the bw combiners.

7. Razorbeak7

Razorbeak7 But look, a computer!

Great review! I'd love to own this guy someday, it's too bad the prices he tends to go for are a little out of my budget.

8. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sweet review! I need to find him somewhere so he fight my Magnaboss!

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    finally got thisbdude. they're all so damn good, except for ram horn who's missing an arm. oops. also missing cicadacon and ram horn's weapons but eh.

ram horn's not super good, but he just suffers from being 60% joints. he looks amazing in alt modd

sea clamp is my favorite, weird shoulders and his arms are damn long, but i like his head sculpt.

cicadacon is my least favorite. his joint tolerances are weird and his beast mode looks too plastic compared to the other two.

the molding on ram horn and sea clamp are fucking gorgeous. they both look so realistic and hide the seams so well. if it weren't for their size they'd be easy to fool people with