Customs: BW Stasis Pod?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OhSlag!, Apr 13, 2009.

1. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

Basically, I thought that it might be fun to make one. I was going to start a bash of an actual figure after looking at the work of NP and Terracon_king but can't seem to decide on what to do, and this idea came up. I have some stock pod photos but any more will be greatly appreciated.

Possible Ideas:
    - heat styrene (long/heavy)
    - mod existing toy/thing... IF ANYONE CAN FIND SOMETHING LET ME KNOW
    ETC?

anyone know of any previously attemped pods?

Did a quick skeleton with some k-nex i had collected dust, this about the size it will be if i get it done...

Attached Files:

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

heating and bending styrene would be the wrong approach, because styrene shrinks and twists funny ways when heated esp the sheets of styrene. i would cut styrene sheet into like ribs put spacers in between the ribs then fill it in with putty it would probably be heavy though.
    there are probably a hundred diff ways to build it up. the easiest would be to find something that had the basic shape already then mod it to look like that. nothing comes to mind though to use.

3. OhSlag!

just made a quick sh!tty skeleton of a pop with some k-nex i had collecting dust in the basement.... will be about that size and should fit most delexe... BW dinobot for example

4. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Ahhhh K-nex i remeber when i was younger with my BW figures i use to make the hole Darksyde nd Axilon shipps and everything for them lol :p 
    both me and my brother,
    i was actully thinkg real hard when you posted this for an idea.......see the first thing that hit me was Glasses Case, the metal ones, but there too small....im still thinking what will work, but when i get a better idea ill post another replay :) 
    PS Gimme your Dinobot! lol ;) 

5. OhSlag!

dinobot was/is my favourite transformer character even... so theres little chance anyone will ever have it lol... was my first major BW figure (i had the bat prime and croc. megatron aswell)

anyways you might be on to something with the glasses case... if a large enough one could be found to hold say a deluxe, you could just build the rest of the pod around it. thanks for the idea