BW Rhinox should’ve been an Ultra or at least a Mega

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KING KONVOY, May 29, 2007.

1. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course Rhinox is one my favorite characters from BW. I love his role, personality, design and especially his spinning chain guns. I always thought he would make a great action figure but that was before I collected transformers and saw his toy design. First and foremost he was way too small! I believe he should’ve been the same size as Optimus Primal. Now I know some people believe Optimus Primal is out of scale with the rest of the Maximals but he’s the leader and there is a reason Cheetor called him “big bot”. I’ll take the original over the RM version any day. (I must admit that I prefer larger transformers!) Now I’m not a show accuracy fanatic but almost all Rhinox figures pale in comparison to their on screen counterpart whether we’re talking about the original or reissue. A large figure would allow for a more detailed, articulated, imposing, intimidating and aesthetically pleasing representation of Rhinox. The best looking Rhinox by far is the Hard Hero Statue. I know it’s improbable but I would love if Hasbro or Takara created a new mold for Rhinox in the Ultra size class. Hasbro came up with original molds for BWX Primal and Megatron so Takara can make a new mold for Rhinox. I’m not asking for something as original as the BWX new molds just a show and size accurate Rhinox. I would be happy with a transformable, more articulated and more detailed version of the hard hero statue with the chain guns.

None show characters like Polar Claw, B’ Boom, Transquito (Yeah Who?) and Cybershark were in Mega size class. Rhinox should be an Ultra. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I definitely agree. Rhinox is the Ironhide of Beast Wars; one of the best characters, but also one of the worst toys.

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Ultra would be too big, but a Mega would be nice and sweet.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Dinobot should've been bigger as well.

5. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    I agree!

I thought about including Dinobot but it would've made my post longer.

6. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    That crossed my mind and another member had a great idea in TFTM Ironhide feedback thread:

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

What bugs me most is that he doesn't have *the* chaingun, instead its a mace of sorts. I know someone made a mode of the mace to the gun though, but a larger Rhinox with the guns would be awesome imo and I'm not even a huge rhinox fan.

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

I just wish they would've made everyone else smaller.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You people are complaining about this now?

Rhinox is actually one of my favorite TF's, though I liked his show version a lot too.

So: Buff tough guy > Samurai Rhino. I still like the samurai look though.

Except for Megatron, on the show he was the biggest, like twice Primal's size.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I always wondered why Rhinox wasn't bigger in size...maybe Hasbro assumed that he won't be popular. I also agree that Dinobot should have been larger...I can understand if Hasbro feels that rhinos don't sell but dinosaur toys...especially those of the flesh-eating variety such as T-Rex or Raptors, should be popular among males! :D 

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mega Rhinox would've been nice. And more like the show.
    He's so short as a deluxe, it's weird seeing TM Rattrap stand taller than him

12. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been saying this for years...both Rhinox and Dinobot should have been Megas...

Edit: Man thinking of Megas makes me miss the $15 dollar price point for Transformers, now it jumps from $10 to $20 :( 

13. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

BW Rhinox is the best Transformer cartoon character of them all. Unfortunately the fools that wrote Beast Machines turned him against the Autobots. WHY!

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Its things like this that make me like the RM guys a lot, Primal and Megs in the Robotmasters forms are more or less inscale to figures like Dinobot and Rhinox.

<-- Really wants to open his BW10th Dinobot to pose him with RM megs

15. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Completely agree with the idea of a Mega Rhinox, ven non-show charactersgot a Mega sizewhy not Rhinox?

It's a little bit off-topic but I am also waiting for the mold of Tank Drone of BM to bereleased as a deluxe at least intead of basic.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That was one of my main problems with Beast Wars.
    Rhinox's change was even more out of character than the rest of the characters changes.
    And what's wrong is the writers seemed to know that, too.
    (Cheetor: He wasn't just one of us, he was the best of us.)

I think Beast Machines was a good show if you take it by itself, but if you take as a sequel to Beast Wars (how could you not?) it fails on many levels.

The CGI Tankor that Rhinox turned into was actually pretty cool, but even then, the toy did not match the shows model -Rhinox gets no toy love.

You know, I highly doubt that Hasbro will rerelease a Beast Wars Rhinox in a larger size but there may be hope for a 6" Titanium Rhinox that is more show accurate.

18. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually that is part of what I really liked about him. Recall the episode in BW where he was turned evil, that should shed some light on his BM personality.

It also show why Megatron made Rhinox's Tankor reformat so simple-minded, and Evil Rhinox could be just as much of a threat as primal. The Fact Megatron even used his spark for his own purposes was one of Megs few mistakes.

Rhinox/Tankor is one of my fav post G1 characters.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Dark Designs.

It is one of my favorite episodes.
    It also shows how Rhinox decided he did not like being evil once the Maximals rescued him, and one would have thought that Megatron would have learned that Rhinox as an evil archetype would be too ambitous to contain.

I don't want to get into a Beast Machines argument. I think the show stands out well if viewed on its own.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I was hoping we'de get a new Rhinox for the anniversary line but we didn't. I'de love to have a larger scale figure that had both of his chainguns done correctly. Preferably one about the size of the RID Primal toy.