2D Artwork: BW Ravage One-Page Comic Collaboration

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Dissever, May 14, 2007.

1. Dissever

Dissever Mad Scientist

BW Ravage One-Page Comic Collaboration (WIP)

Hey again,

There was an 'assignment' of sorts that was given to artists and writers on another board, to illustrate a facet of a character's background . I decided to give it a shot. I'm posting up what I've done so far with Fulcrum's work with the BW incarnation of Ravage (as seen in "The Agenda"), recieving his orders to handle Megatron. I've included Fulcrum's script below so you guys know what in the heck is goin' on! ;>

So far, I've done 5 of the 9 panels. It's being done with greyscale Prismacolors on 12 x 18 inch black Artagain paper.

Panel 1:

[​IMG]

Panel 3:

[​IMG]

Panel 5:

[​IMG]

Panel 8:

[​IMG]

Panel 9:

[​IMG]

ZE SCRIPT!

ALL CAPS indicate bold text.

PANEL ONE:
    CU Ravage's hand holding a small holgram projector, which displays the head of BW MEGATRON, pre-earth form (ref: Botcon 06 BW Megatron)
    RAVAGE: He calls himself MEGATRON?

PANEL TWO: SAME SIZE AS PANEL ONE
    CU Ravage's hand, same framing as previous, except he has clenched his fist in anger, destroying the holo-projector.
    FX: CRUNCH!

PANEL THREE: INT. PREDACON COMMAND STATION
    Ravage meeing with member of Tripredacus council (Seaclamp, ref http://www.bwtf.com/bw/tvshow/cc/tripredacus/seaclamp.gif Best to stick to show design, with additional details from toy if needed, ref http://www.tfu.info/1997/Predacon/SeaClamp/seaclamp.htm). They are on board the Predacon command station. Similar vibe to the room where Luke faces the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.
    RAVAGE: HAH. He is no Megatron. I watched the REAL Megatron die.
    SEACLAMP: And you'll watch THIS one die as well. He is a rogue element with his own AGENDA, a disruption to our PLANS. The time of the Decepticons is over. The last thing we need at this crucial juncture is another MEGATRON fanning the flames.

PANEL FOUR:
    Ravage bows to Sea clamp.
    RAVAGE: It shall be done.

PANEL FIVE:
    CU Ravage's face, still bowing.. but he's got an ugly snarl on his face, clearly insulted by Seaclamp's claim that the Decepticons are now mere relics of the past, best to be forgotten.

PANEL SIX: EXT. CYBERTRON, BATTLEFIELD
    G1 RAVAGE sits sadly atop the body of G1 SOUNDWAVE, who has been almost obliterated. Corpses litter the battlefield, Autobot and Decepticon. It looks like Ravage is the only one left alive. This is a flashback to the end of the Great War.
    CAPTION: The time of the Decepticons...

PANEL SEVEN: INT. PREDACON COMMAND STATION, HALLWAY
    Ravage is walking towards the reader, a snarl on his face, still angry at Sea Clamp
    CAPTION: ...is OVER.
    RAVAGE: FEH. "PREDACONS"... they do not deserve the name. Surrendering to the MAXIMALS, plotting petty revenge and power games.. they forget that we were once CONQUERERS! RULERS of Cybertron!

PANEL EIGHT: INT. PREDACON COMMAND STATION, LANDING BAY
    Long shot of RAVAGE from behind, walking towards his ship
    RAVAGE: They are nothing but squabbling PROTOFORMS without a powerful LEADER. Oh, the Predacons will have their MOMENT, but their victory will be FLEETING, their empire a hollow SHELL... while WE will remain Decepticons...

PANEL NINE: EXT. PREDACON COMMAND STATION, SPACE
    Ravage's ship flies away from the station
    CAPTION: FOREVER!

END

So, there you guys go. I'd love to hear what you think! :>

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty nice work, I dig your style there.

Keep it coming!

3. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Great Work!!!

4. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Looking good, but why are you posting the panels seperately? Can't really tell if they fit well together and if the flow is smooth in this way.

5. Dissever

Dissever Mad Scientist

Mmm, you're right. I can see where it'd be a bit disjointed.

I'll hold off on posting any more shots of it until it's done.