Minor/Repaint: BW Quickstrike from Movie 1 Scorponok

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Jul 2, 2010.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Even though I'm mainly a G1 transformers fan, I'm also a fan of Beast Wars (especially when G1 was involved).

The Quickstrike toy and animation were very close. I liked that Old west lingo they gave him too.

My main problem with the toy was that when he changed to Robot mode, he became half the height/length due to the toy folding in half. I fixed that with this mod but now he has a beer belly due to the reversal of the Scorponok toy (from regular transformation). The tail becomes his hand held weapon and he can now turn his beast head from left to right. He just need to lose a few pounds around the midsection.

Take a look. Hope you like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You come near my Sugarbot, I'll kick your Keester!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

That's cool. Makes me think of him as a Classics version of him.
    He looks kinda funny, all stretched out like that, though.

3. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    nice job! although the torso looks like it should be flipped 180 (although I'm sure it would completely mess up the transformation), his hips look more like shoulders...

4. Nickleby

Nickleby Autobot

Awesome. I was actually thinking of doing something like that myself. :) 

5. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

wow that makes the movie scorpinok mold robot mode not suck.
    I like , great job

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I never had this toy totally thought he had made custom clear parts.

It looks fantastic in alt mode, but the Robot mode, I don't know how this transforms but something is off proportion wise.

But if this was in the movieverse it wouldnt have to have any certain human proportions in robot mode.

7. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    very nice.

8. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

The alt mode is quite well executed but there's something off about the robot mode, but that still is pretty good.

9. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Ha! I loooove Quickstrike so much! He is one of my favorite characters from BW. I love how all the Preds with the claws (Rampage, Quickstrike, and Scorponok) have a twitch that has them nervously snapping their claws while in 'bot mode...
    I love seeing BW re-do's and re-paints. I think your custom beast mode is sooo spot on! I really love how his scorpion head seems to be articulated and how well you did with the golds, and greens when you painted. Where his bot mode may seem a bit out of proportion due to his child bearing hips, I think the beast mode more than makes up for it.
    I REALLY like this custom!

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i have two sides of a comment for this one. I think the mods were very well executed. I just am not a big fan of the results. i like Quickstrike short - it adds to his Napoleonic complex. But that's just a "vanilla for you, chocolate for me" kind of thing. Only my opinion. Again, the mods themselves were VERY well done - if I was into a Quickstrike that was taller like that, i'd love this thing. Does that make sense?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, that robot mode, like you said, not great.

The thing is, the toy folding in half stopped him from looking really stretched out and goofy-looking in robot mode. Here he just looks... bizzare. He's got a wide belly like you said, but those thighs are also pretty large.

Also, the show model was so close to the toy it actually had the robot mode head on it's underside. I don't see what was wrong with it.

12. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

My main goal is to have the toys be closer to the same size, like the toon. If the original didn't fold in half it would have been perfect. My Quickstrike is now bigger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was also a way to use the Movie Scorponok mold in a, somewhat, better way of transforming. I liked the transformation but not the use of the scorpion head, as the robot head.

I like the beast mode, a lot, but the robot mode could be better. I would have to remove the central "generator" piece to make any body changes (like having the shoulders widen or reducing the hips)

I stand corrected. I watched coming of the fuzors, tonight, and the original Quickstrike is the correct size to Silverbolt. Somehow I thought they were the same size robots

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010