BW Megatron vs. Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 4, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

2. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Darth Vaders no is just plain stupid and pointless.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The same could be said for Megatron's yes. I love both characters but their pronunciation of these simple words is so over exaggerated it's just too funny not to talk about.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I prefer it on Death's Head, yes?

5. mrdecepticon

I mean Vaders no is stupid because its an unnecessary edit and is the most mocked Star Wars quote and has been since Revenge of the Sith.I love Megatrons YESSS its part of his character.Vaders NO is funny but not in the same way Megatrons yes is.

6. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Vader's NOOO is stupid and makes him sound stupid.
    Megatron wins, no competition...

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes.

I want to see this happen.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I actually wanted to use a different video for Vader. Someone did a YouTube video a while back where they over exaggerated how it was edited into the original trilogy by putting it into scenes where it didn't even make sense for him to say that. The audio for every scene was directly ripped straight from episode 3. The actual scene that I used isn't even that bad compared to the original scene from episode 3 where he did it. Would have been worse if it was performed exactly the same way and at least it makes sense for the scene. It is admittedly more dramatic when he's silent there and you're not sure if he's going to do anything but as old as the movie is all the suspense of watching that for the first time is gone anyway.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bro, my bro broddy bro-bro...

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Vader should have felornely said "Padme" in in despair instead of his frankenstein's Monster strut and over done Noooooooo! and I agree the Emperor dropping No is daft It's especially bad when he's got two really bad 'no's' in the movies it's one of those things you just roll your eyes at in Lucas never ending edits.

Not that it mattered they'd already dumped gallons of pi$$ on Star Wars fans with a fire hose by that point anyway.

"Are you an angel" indeed.

I just laugh at the prequelverse now and chuckle at the poor book writers trying to get it to all make sense. I can't take it to seriously Or I would be a bit annoyed.

And i'm the sort of person who's often quite forgiving about change I liked all the apes movies and all 3 matrix movies and didn't think the later 2 were a miss-step like some do.

Star Wars though is a bit of an odd one even taking the prequels and it's spin offs as a stand alone thing they don't often make a lot of sense. so it's best to compartmentalise and just see it as a bit like liking Battlestar Galactica but trying to forget about having seen Galactica80 when you watch it.

Beast Wars is probably more consistent with it's source material overall than Star Wars spin-offs are though. (bar the odd little thing like Sparks)

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

First of all, the only thing in Star Wars that really doesn't make any sense really has nothing to do with the original trilogy. It follows the source material really well because it IS the source material. Seriously, episodes 1, 2, and 3 were written first. George Lucas wrote all 6 movies back in the 60's or 70's he just never got the original 3 produced until years later.

The things that really don't make sense. Casting a kid who looks about 9 years old at the most to play opposite a woman who is too old to pass as a 14 year old as if her character being 14 made any sense to begin with. Then in the next movie she's the same actress and he gets replaced by a much older actor so some how now they're the same age despite having a huge age gap between them in the last movie. What the hell?

Another thing that doesn't make sense in the 3rd movie. Every Mace Windu is the only Jedi who gets to die in a real fight while everyone else gets shot in the back by Clone Troopers. Seriously, you couldn't have killed off most of the Jedi in the pervious movie during the area scene at the end. That would of been the perfect place to have most of them killed instead of shot in the back. Obi-Wan and Yoda both sensed it coming and fought it off but no one else even suspected anything. It was pathetic. Even fighting and loosing is better than shot in the back.

Anikin Skywalker/Darth Vader killing the Jedi children. THAT I would have preferred the Clone Troopers do and even then it wouldn't make any freaking sense. I mean seriously they're children wouldn't it be better to train them in the Sith? It's kinda lazy writing to kill them off like that. Even better would have been if they planned to train them in the Sith but blew up the building not realizing they were still inside.

Finally... she lost the will to live? Couldn't they have just said it was the stress of delivering twins and being betrayed by her husband. Kinda did say that but in the most corny way possible and coming from a droid.

See, everything that doesn't make sense is self contained within 1, 2, and 3. There's no connection to the original trilogy that doesn't make any sense.

Oh and one last thing... more of a prop detail than an actual plot point. Darth Tyrannous better known as Count Dooku never once used his light saber as a blaster even though he could. If you look at the hilt there's actually a trigger under the curved part so it can operate as a blaster. There's actually some reasoning behind the curved hilt design, the thing is both a light saber AND a blaster.

Anyway, I think episode 2 is the best movie in terms of acting, special effects, character development, and the biggest freaking light Saber Battle ever! The one major flaw I have with that movie is that after Padme's shirt is ripped in the back by one of the beasts there are no marks on her skin underneath. She should be bleeding but she got away with only a torn shirt though to be fair none of the Star Wars movies including the original trilogy ever showed blood. If only 1 and 3 had been that good maybe more people would like the prequel trilogy. Overall the original trilogy is better. The movies were ahead of their time for special effects, the writing and acting were good in all 3 movies. The only reason individually 2 comes out better is because of the freaking light saber battle at the end. I imagine having that many light sabers in the same scene is a pain to edit.

Episode 3 is by far the worst of all the movies. There's not really anything bad I can say about the original trilogy. Episode 1 is only bad after you realize that Anikin and Padme are suppose to be a romantic couple and I didn't see even a possibility of that happening with their huge age difference. It wasn't till after I saw episode 2 that I realized how bad episode 1 was.

As far as re-edits go I think George Lucas would do better to re-edit episode 1 with the same actor who played Anikin in 2 and 3. Then re-edit episode 3 so most of the Jedi council is already dead, have the clone troopers kill the kids, and change the dialog for the medic droid that gives the reason for Padme dieing. Suddenly the movies would be looking a WHOLE lot better.

There is something that bugs me about the original trilogy though. When R2-D2 and Chewbacca are playing a game similar to chess why haven't the pieces ever been replaced with CGI. They've been using the same bad stop motion clay animation for that sense the original release.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

That Megatron video was fun, but I always thought his yes was a rip off of Mr. Burn's excellent.

13. mrdecepticon

I think they should have just left him silent he didn't need to say no,Lucas probably did it to piss fans off.How about BW Megatrons yes vs no?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It wasn't. It was just something David Kaye added for emphasis, Megatron being so dramatic and all.

15. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

that megatron yes was too much.

16. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seem to be one of the very few people, even fewer than those who don't hate (or even like) the prequels, who never had a problem with Vader's Big No.

I've always absolutely loved BW Megatron's yeses and noes. They're part of his character, and without them, he wouldn't be the awesome villain he is.