BW Matrix+Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sure they can do that, but thats like cheating.

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Have you watched season 3's "5 faces of Darkness"??

Alpha Trion had the Matrix.

And its possible he gave it vto Optimus in the episdode "war dawn".

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, as the Matrix wasn't mentioned before the movie, it's hard to precisely know. But per "War Dawn", Alpha Trion actively *rebuilds* Orion Pax's destroyed body into Optimus Prime's familiar form, in accordance with a new process he has developed to make the Autobots battle-hardy, and able to actually take on the Decepticons. "Five Faces of Darkness" would later explain that as Sentinel Prime lay dying, he gave Alpha Trion the Matrix to "keep safe" until the rise of the next leader. So it stands to reason that Alpha Trion gave Optimus Prime the Matrix after he rebuilt him, but there's no real indication that the Matrix played any part in Orion becoming Optimus Prime. Hot Rod's transformation into Rodimus is down to the fact that he's the Chosen One of prophecy, rather than some blanket upgrading effect the Matrix has on all its bearers.

(Other continuities, however - Dreamwave, specifically - did treat it this way, and showed "Optronix", as he was called in this continuity, being upgraded into Optimus Prime when he took the Matrix into himself.)

4. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I think you are making this fictional story too real for yourself... it is fiction and its creators can do what they want to edit it.

It doesn't say, matrix of leadership EVER in the beast wars. So you can't ASSUME it meant it, considering everytime they mention 'the matrix' it refers to some sort of afterlife. Additionally, it is your OPINION that it was the matrix of leadership, against the people who wrote the story. You can keep that idea of primal being holder of the matrix of leadership in your little fan-cannon (might as well add into that that william shatner is the next in line for prime), but it doesn't change the fact that it is OFFICIALLY part of the cannon that he only had OP's spark, not the matrix of leadership.

You are WRONG in the fact that in the official... let me repeat myself... OFFICIAL cannon is that Primal never held the matrix of leadership..... OFFICIAL

5. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

In Transformers: The Ultimate Guide, written by Simon Furman, who is pretty much the authority on G1, there is a two page illustration of Optimus Prime that clearly states the Matrix is Prime's "shielded spark chamber." So unless the G1 Prime in Beast Wars is an alternate reality Prime, what you see in the episode is the Matrix, for the simple fact Prime didn't have a spark holder and Matrix. It's the same thing.

And now that I think about, sparks are NEVER mentioned anywhere in the G1 cartoon continuity. Beast Wars started that, so the idea of the Optimus in that show being an alternate reality version makes much more sense. Plus, in the G1 cartoon, there was no Primus either, which just furthers the notion that Beast Wars was an alternate reality.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Well the Beast Wars universe is an amalgamation of both the G1 cartoon and G1 comics.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The way I see it, they need to do that before they finish the product.

Once they release it to the public, its over for editing.
    it doesnt say it not the matrix of leadership either.

and the dialog is vague enough to believe they werev talking about an object and not the afterlife.

so its only logical to assume the matrix of leadership was what we saw.

every other time it was mention isint relevent because the same cicumstances werent in play.

I repeat, writer opinions from after the fact are not relevant to the debate.They arent canon.
    You have failed to demonstrate that because what official canon claims was not a part of my debate.

8. Guardian_Prime

This is funny for the simple fact there are so many contradictions in Transformers across the board that to say anything is "Official Canon" is pretty much just an absurd statement.

Then the alternate reality theory stands, as the G1 cartoon and the G1 comics were definitely not in the same Universe.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    HA!

10. Guardian_Prime

If you don't think so, that's your opinion. But he has been with it basically since the beginning to today, so like it or not, he is the authority.

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    In YOUR opinion. The only real authority is Hasbro, and Takara for Japan.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is crazy!

Since the only absolute we know is what is on the screen, and Optimus never "devolves" into Orion Pax in the series, it's entirely possible that Alpha Trion rebuilt Orion around the Matrix. So he technically wouldn't have a "lesser" form anymore.

Again, no one will ever know for sure...

13. Guardian_Prime

If this is really what you think, then all your previous banter on this thread is basically pointless. But hey I'll agree Hasbro and Takara are the authorities, but wait, didn't Hasbro license out the Transformers to Marvel at first to establish the story? Then Marvel had Furman write the stories? Ok, your point is still valid, and thanks for validating mine.

14. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I remember watching BW's growing up when it first aired on tv. Also I watch the episodes all the time. I feel as if the spark contained the matrix. It played out well and fits the story better. Prime was dieing and his spark clearly was allready becoming one with the matix as stated in the show. I dont see why people are argueing this. Wait its because of that dumb comic where he tries to cover his own ass form the nerd fan boy rage. You guys look to much into this stuff. Its a fucking childs show. No need to read that far into this crap. We all are transformers fan but no need to live your life word by word or episode by episode. Take it anyway you like. There is NO reason to argue about what one may feel. But as I said before from whatching the show countless times and seeing it air on tv all those years ago I never doughted it wasnt the matix included in his spark. Thats the way it was animeted and writen in so lets just drop this allready. Act like grown men and walk away from this subject without bashing each other.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh dear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.