BW/M MEGS Hates Beasts?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by excelhedge, Jun 9, 2011.

1. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    My Question is what cuased BW Megatron began "anti beast mode" war in Beast Machines? I mean sure he lost the Beast Wars but If IRC he was quite accepting of Beast modes in BW.

What cuase this change in his charecter???

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He spent who know's how long on a planet completley devoid of anything organic. He felt like a freak, and so lashed out with the whole "Anti-beast" thing.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Its possible that he never was fond of the whole "beast mode" thing, but needed a powerful local form to fit in and thrive. He would have certainly wanted to reformat to something he saw as more... suitable... once back on Cybertron, and his inability to shed the beast mode may be a likely source of frustration.

It is also possible that his resentment stems from the adoption of his beast mode as being the point where he felt he stopped being successful. It, and the Beast Wars, were something he likely saw as a series of failures in an otherwise more or less stellar criminal / conquerer career. He's an egotist, after all. Yessss.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Maybe cause when he got back to Cybertron and was the only Transformer with a beast mode.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think he went a bit insane after being chucked in the lava...

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Because the writers for Beast Machines decided his character needed to be xenophobic.

In actuality Beast Wars Megatron had no issues and even relished his beast mode. That character would not have become the one we saw in Machines. It's the same reason Rattrap went from a sneaky super spy to a whiny tech head. The writers screwed up the characters. (Though Cheetor they managed to get right.)

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Rattrap was always whiny.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So wrong. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

I just gave a very good reason why Megatron would hate his beast mode. Afterall, the only techno-organic being on an entirely technological world? With his ego? How could he not go crazy? Plus, as said, his beast mode was probably a reminder of his failure in the Beast Wars.

Rattrap was one of the best done characters. He used to be an action hero, always daring and able. (he was always a tech head, too. Afetrall he was part of a scientific exploration crew) On Earth everyone was put on even terms. However in Beast Machines he was completley robbed of all his abilities, including Transforming. And to make things worse it was his beloved home planet, the one he'd been pining for since the very start of the Beast wars, that was against him. And to make matters worse, when he did Transform, he had no weapons or gadgets save his tail thing. Poor guy just couldn't handle it. (this is all pretty much perfectly showcased in "The Weak Component") And of course...

THIS.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    True, but on Earth he was at least whining while competent.

As for Split Lip, yes you can fannon Megatron and Rattraps drastic character shifts just as you can with anything. At the end of the day though the real reason for these changes was because of the guy at the keyboard writing the episodes.

I'm not trying to say Machines is awful, nor am I full of rage over it. I just realize the characters were changed to fit the new head guys style; and in most cases the changes were drastic departures of their former selves.

Remove anything Transformers or Beast Wars related from the show and it's good though.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not always. Remember teh part in "The Trigger" where Rattrap is forced to hang on to optimus since he's only small enough in beast mdoe to be flown? He's exactly as he is in BM. Self-pitying and whiney. Only when he transformed and busted out his boom-stick did he take charge. Now imagine if he couldn't do that, ever? Suddenly BM Rattrap seems much more in-line, doesn't he?

Many more examples of this behaviour exist in Beast Wars. Even some during his Transmetal days. (though less since he had his "vehicle" mode as an advantage)

Except it's not fanon. My explanation for Rattrap was essentially a summary of "The Weak Component." I ain't making this shit up, dude, that's what was in the show.

I find that so hilariously pretentious and insulting (to me) I'm left almost agahst.

That's the real reason anything in Transformers happens. These aren't transcripts of real events, man, people write this stuff, and ass such dicisions are made. IMO, keeping his charatcer the same would've been illogical, sicne it's an entirely new setting. Everythign says he should act differently. Just because you personally don't like them doesn't mean they're not valid, or that it's my "fanon."

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've always held to the notion that when he escaped the Maximals' shuttle and returned to Cybertron, he landed on his head.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lol 

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    We're going to have to agree to disagree Split Lip. I find Rattrap in Beast Machines a bastardization of his former character. Same goes for everyone in that show minus Cheetor. Nothing either of us says will sway the other. Plus this debate is a very very dead horse.

14. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Wait, you mean he landed on this:

[​IMG]

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That pic is weird, the actual Grand mal never opened it's mouth save when it transformed the one time, so seeing it open there is so odd.