Minor/Repaint: BW GEN "Antagony"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Jun 13, 2018.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I always loved the art design of Antagony. So I opted to make one.
    I didn't want to use Inferno as a base because I honestly wanted a more feminine frame...And Waspinator was quite accommodating for that.

Took a Generations Waspinator(actually a botcon purple Waruder) and:
    - Removed wings&wing mechanisms.
    - Removed stinger and replaced with machine gun barrel.
    - Resculpted face slightly to add a proper mouth, lips, and overall make it a bit more feminine.
    - Stiffened the feet joints with glue so that they could actually support her(mine arrived very loose) and allow her feet to pose properly as high-heels.
    - All the red parts have a single coat of glow-in-the-dark Pink on them to make them pop more, the inner chest slab is meant to be hidden and I was originally going to have a Predacon spark hidden within to reveal...But then I realized I didn't quite have the clearance to feel comfortable doing that.

- Robot Mode -
    IMG_6856.png IMG_6857.png IMG_6858.png IMG_6859.png IMG_6860.png IMG_6861.png IMG_6863.png

- Beast Mode -
    IMG_6867.png IMG_6868.png IMG_6869.png IMG_6870.png

- I'm aware that Antagony's beast mode eyes are supposed to be red, but since I was going for a "Black Ant" beast mode, I opted for very dark blue metallic instead. The purple and red used were also made much darker along with the gray/silver mix on a few pieces.

- Comparison -
    IMG_6864.png IMG_6865.png IMG_6866.png
    The closed chest, high heel mistransformation, and lack of wings really help distinguish the two even without the different paint scheme highlights.

This is one of those customs that I can be proud of, let go of, or keep forever as it fits nicely in my Masterpiece collection. All possible results sound good to me.

• Like Like x 12
  2. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Awesome idea, the sculpting on the face and paint job really make her look different to Waspinator and this may sound silly but I'm really impressed with how much she looks like an ant in beast mode just by removing the wings.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    b5f.jpg 25d9b6a3b69f17e29ea62f005d476a53--i-will-funny-stuff.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mediusprime

Mediusprime Well-Known Member

Great job, I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mister Gribsby

Mister Gribsby QT- series automaton

Beautiful work. One thing, however, that I believe would elevate this figure would be a longer set of antennae. Perhaps her current set could be moved closer to the mandibles to act as pedipalps. Regardless of my input, know that it is again indeed beautiful.

6. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome idea!