BW Cybershark vs C-11 Cybershark: Any Differences?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VE Telus, Jan 22, 2007.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking about filling some holes in my BW collection. Knowing that paint differences exist for almost every character released between Hasbro and Takara, I thought I would do some research first.

Alas, I've found nothing.

To those who have a Cybershark in their collection, are there any paint differences between the Hasbro carded version and the Takara boxed C-11 version?

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nothing significant, havint had the two side by side for a wile so I cant tell you what exactly, if any, what the differences are but there negligible.

3. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

Thats a good question. Im currently just finishing off collecting the Metals series from Takara and am about to venture into the original BW figures. I was wondering what major colour changes there were for the majority of the TV figures. Im into anime correctness and i know Takara are more prone to bear more of a resemblance of their toys to their TV counterparts. Ive been told that the Takara Tigatron is way better than the Hasbro one. Any others??

4. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara Rattrap bears a metallic orange on his face and other parts of his body, making him much more show accurate than the Hasbro counterpart.

Takara Blackarachnia had grey plastic vs the green used for the Hasbro one. The face has also a more show-accurate paint scheme.

Takara Terrorsaur was all red, with grey parts. His face is quite show accurate, without the purple of the Hasbro original. Also sported a yellow beak in beast mode.

One version of Dinobot came with a lighter shade of brown, as well as a gold crown in robot mode. The pupils are drawn in, and everything about it is spectacular.

And Tigatron is absolutely superior over his Hasbro counterpart. Get him.

5. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one knows about Cybershark? Soundwave.ca mentioned that the changes are negligible, but I'd still very much like to know exact what the changes are. Does anyone have any information?

6. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Takara had both those and the regular Hasbro-looking releases. I believe the ones you mention came as a revision later to amend the colors to the show models, as I've seen both. (And I think you mean copper, not metallic orange :)  )

As for Cybershark, my Japanese version looks virtually indistinguishable from the one on Tfu.info. If anything, it's a matter of shades, but barely even then. I'm assuming it's the USA version they have.

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Other than coming in a different box, I never saw any difference between the two Cybersharks.

Rattrap... from what i understand the individually packaged version was indistinguishable from the American version. The more show accurate paint job was only available in the VS. set. (Read that from a few sources, none of which I recall, so that could be wrong.)

Terrorsaur, on the other hand, was the same as the American version on the first (individual) release and in the 2-pack. There was a second release of the individual Terrorsaur with the more show accuarate deco, though.