bw characters using unicron trilogy figures

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fenrys, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    hey i posted this on the allspark yesterday but havent gotten much of a response yet so i figured id post it here, this is an idea i had to contrast displays of the normal season 1 beast wars toys with other representations of the characters with the unicron trilogy beast asthetics.

i recently got the cybertron versions of the bw10th primal and megatron and was wondering if anyone had tried to get the 1st season crews from figures from the unicron trilogy. so far this is what ive come up with

maximals:
    armada cheetor (cheetor)
    armada rhinox (rhinox)
    armada airazor (airazor)
    energon doom-lock (dinobot)
    cybertron beast prime (primal)
    energon battle ravage (tigatron)

missing season 1 character-rattrap

predacons:
    armada terrorsaur (terrorsaur)
    cybertron dark scorponok (scorponok)
    cybertron beast megatron (megatron)
    cybertron scrapmetal red (inferno)
    cybertron buzzsaw or cybertron scrapmetal yellow w/custom wings (waspinator)

missing season 1 characters-tarantulus and blackarachnia

if anyone has ever thought of this please post your own ideas, and if anyone has done this pics would be awesome cause unfortunately i only have the primal and megatron. also any ideas on the missing characters would be appreciated, and also feel free to give your own ideas on unicron trilogy versions of the season 2 and 3 characters (preferably officially released figures with beast modes or close to beast modes that are widely avaiable)

2. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

that's a great idea!!:thumb  rattrap could be cyb clocker

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    actually in the Botcon set Cheetor and Tigatron are clocker and Rattrap is Ransack ;) 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Using the BW figures as themselves seems like cheating to me.

Also, he isn't talking about the botcon BWX set. These are his own ideas.

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I agree with the cheating part.

Part of the fun in coming up with ideas for this, is to figure out who fits the character so well.

If it's handed to you on a silver platter (so to speak) you can't use your imagination.

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    yea i know that using the beast wars repaints from armada is cheating but at the time i couldnt think of any other alternatives but i have come up with some for those 4

rhinox- cybertron backstop
    airazor- energon divebomb
    terrorsaur- cybertron brimstone
    cheetor- i cant really think of anyone for him except maybe leobreaker

one of the posters above me got it right with what im trying to do. im trying to take characters from the unicron trilogy and use them as the beast wars guys with little to no modifications which also means preferrably no repainting. with what ive listed so far the only modification that i would really need is to add wings to the yellow scrapmetal for waspinator. so any ideas for cheetor, rattrap, tarantulus and blackarachnia would be helpful, preferrably beasts but transformers with almost beast modes (like scorponok and scrapmetal) are also acceptable for what im trying. if worst comes to worst and none can be thought of then vehicle transformers will have to be substituted.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Waspinator isn't yellow though. What your trying to do is near impossible without repainting.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked up all the BW-related Botcon-06 exclusives (gave away Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw) and ordered the upcoming Airazor, so I've been interested in filling in the character gaps where I could (with minimal effort), so I've added:

Scorponok (Cyb. Dark Scorponok, with a little paint on the visor)
    Terrorsaur (Energon Windrazor)
    Tarantulus (Cyb. Dirt Boss with Knockoff Tarant head)

Personally, I think Cybertron Snarl is begging for a Silverbolt repaint.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:

while this is true, to me the yellow scrapmetal looks close enough to a unicron trilogy waspinator, the head even has bug eyes like waspinator and the largest part of his beast mode was black and yellow like scrapmetal. what im trying to do isnt to necessarily have figures with the exact colors of the originals hence my use of the cybertron versions of the bwx leaders. some characters just have resemblences to bw characters, like my use of battle ravage for tigatron, to me the robot head looks like tigatron and the beast mode is black and white. im just trying to get an idea of what they might have looked like in the universe of the unicron trilogy and basing it off of existing characters. granted some modifications would need to be made, for waspinator/scrapmetal i was thinking something along the lines of a removeable piece that can hold wings on it so that it doesnt damage the figure itself.

and to whoever said dirtboss for tarantulus, that is a good idea as there arent really any suitable beasts in the unicron trilogy to use as him, but which tarantulus head did you use, regular or tm?

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked Dirt Boss because I had an extra to kitbash, and the colors and modes already match up semi-vaguely well. I used a regular (non-TM) Tarantulus head - that seemed to match the images in the comics OK, though I had to clip it down pretty heavily to get it to fit in Dirt Boss's compartment.

Edit with image:
    [​IMG]

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    looks pretty cool