BW 10th Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CripNite, May 2, 2006.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Okay... so I picked up the last figure of the first 6 today, made my Transmutate and stood back and looked at them.

Knowing that Optimus Primal and Megatron are on the way, put my sides at 5 for the Maximals and 3 for the Predacons.

So the first question here is... where are Skorponok and Terrorsaur? Why aren't we getting the initial 10 characters from the show?

Secondly... why is Rattrap a Transmetal? He stands out like a sore shiny metallic thumb compared to the rest of the figures.

I wasn't collecting figures when these came out initially, but my first guess is that these three (Terrorsaur, Skorponok and OG Rattrap) are a different size class and thusly don't fit into the price point of this line. Can anyone confirm or deny?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought the mold for Rattrap was lost. Thought the pricepoint explanation actually makes more sense.

3. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I heard the BW flipchanger molds were lost/broken.

It's a shame though, as I've got a few TM rattrap's laying around, and sorely need an original.

4. CripNite

BW "Flipchanger"

Please explain for the unknowledgeable.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original Rattrap is awsome, one of the best Beast Wars IMO. Scorponok is also really cool, but he wouldnt have fit in because of his price point. But dang, I was hopin for a Terrorsaur/Rattrap 2 pack, that would have been awsome.

6. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The beasts or what ever where you flip the tail or the head, and they transform on their own, everything unfolds pretty much. Its an easy and quick spring powered transformation, but you still may have to line up feet or hands or somthing like that.

7. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Crap, double post, well tripple, but they both had different content, well, you know what I mean, I hope.

8. CripNite

Thanks Rattrap... sounds like Skid-z/Towline from RiD. So the further question here is...

Are Terrorsaur, Skorponok and OG Rattrap flipchangers?

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Terrorsaur and Rattrap were flipchangers. Scorponok was a larger size. I don't see why they could not make a reissue Scorponok? Anyone?

10. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was a mega size figure, they could have done it, but I think they thought people might have problems with the size of him, and he wouldnt have been able to have a Transmutate part with him. Thats just my guess.

11. CripNite

Skorponok (in my assumption) would have been able to fit in these giant BW10th boxes... With or without an extra, he'd be nice as a third in the final wave.

Who knows... maybe if they sell well they'll add another wave with him and a Terrorsaur/OG Rattrap.

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I'm doubting that. From my perspective (living in Toronto); Beast Wars is selling really poorly... shelf-warmers to be exact.

Like you, I began collecting Beast Wars toys recently (I managed to find all the DVD's cheap; and was instantly hooked). I was fortunate enough to find a MISB Scorponok, loose Rattrap, Airazor, & Terrorsaur at a local toy shop. Now I'm hoping I'll find Tigatron and Black Arachnia soon.

If they do a fourth wave, I can see it being Tigatron, Black Arachnia, & Silverbolt since the first two are repaints of Cheetor and Tarantulas. Silverbolt was pretty important in the cartoon...

13. CripNite

Yeah... but interest might pick up on them after Optimus Primal and Megatron are released. I'd like it go one more wave, but you're right... so far it does seem like a shelf warmer. Of course, I also think that some retailers might have ordered in too much abundance for the initial three figures. In addition, here in Canada, there's no DVD's, so the $19.99 price point seems a little ridiculous to anyone who's not serious about buying them (and even then it's a stretch).

14. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I believe TM Rattrap was used because they were selling them at a deluxe price point (well, slightly more than deluxe because of the DVD), hence all toys being deluxes. That would rule out both regular Rattrap and Terrorsaur. As for Scorpinok, same with the basics. The leaders are both new molds, and even 8 toys, 4 deluxes, 2 leaders. One mega would be kind of "off". Well, that's my thoughts anyway.

15. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, exactly like Skid-Z/Towline.

See, those molds (Skid-Z and Towline), were first released in Machine Wars (as Mirage/Prowl and Hoist/Hubcap repestively). They were originally designed as tail-end G2 toys, and would have followed up the Cyberjets if the line had continued. The first BW molds took cues from this, and featured the same (flip the lever part and the toy basically transforms itself" gimmick. All the first run BW basic molds used it.

16. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see Terrorsaur and Scorponok released as deluxes. Of course that will never happen it just isn't echonomical for Hasbro.

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    That's hard to say... Scorponok's a bit oddly-shaped, he's got wide shoulders with the claws sticking out, then the tail sticking out in a different dimension. He couldn't be vertical, flat against the back, the tail wouldn't fit, and I'm not sure he could be horizontal, the shoulders might be wider than the box is deep. I haven't opened my BW 10th guys to try that yet though.

If they tried to flatten him out like Botcon Sandstorm, I'm not sure the BW 10th box is wide/long enough for him.

Since they haven't announced any more BW10th figures already, there's probably no more to come. I had wanted a Terrorsaur/Rattrap 2-pack and asked Greg Lombardo about it at Botcon'05... he just said they were looking into things but had to pack things out evenly.

In 1996 2 BW basics cost as much as 1 deluxe, but that may not be true anymore.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    maybe we'll get those guys in another 10 years, when we're all geeked on the 20th anniversary, and maybe we'll get terrorsaur and rattrap as new molds, deluxe sized....or i can dream....

19. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    How rare is a complete BW rattrap? (not all trans metaled out)

20. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    That's the only Beast figure I don't have.... at Botcon last year I saw a few complete ones in the range of $40 or $50.