Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

The "coupons" are just discounts you can only use with the seller offering them. You must buy a certain amount to utilize the discounts. One discount per order. I believe you cannot combine the discounts with the seller. Different sellers offer different coupons.

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I give up on Taobao unless its necessary... Got my latest shipment from JCEX... this time they just threw everything in a bag EMS style so there was damage to various items and im missing items as well :mad: :mad:  I knew they were going to get rid of some items that they claimed they couldnt ship and i was not expecting those but im missing about 4 that they said were fine.

4. Ash321

Ash321 Active Member

Anyone know what is this one mean?

We're sorry, your package could not be stored due to lack of material. Please contact the Guangdong Zhongshan ExpressConsolidatorimmediately

And how does one contact these guy?

5. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when I got that it meant that whatever they received is incomplete. If you ordered 5 of an item and they only got 3 it would display that message. In my case i ordered 284 of 1 yuan items because that was the price we agreed on with the seller and I got that message. took many chats to finally get it sorted out. I'll look up the link on how to contact them, I dont have it handy

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Wow. Sorry to hear that happened. I'm pissed for you too. That sucks for JCEX warehouse to do that. So each individual item was not inside its own for fitting cardboard box?
    I think I'm going to register with and start using Taobaoring agent going forward. They have their own forwarding warehouse that the seller will ship to (so none of Taobao's own forwarding warehouses will be involved) and then from their taobaoring ships to the overseas customer via EMS (EMS delivery not EMS warehouse)
    They charge 8% but in the end I think it will still be much cheaper than the this new volumetric weight surcharge that the Taobao's JCEX/USPS + their EMS warehouse are charging. TBR calculates shipping based on weight only like Taobao's warehouses USED to do. Plus TBR takes pictures of your items and verifies them with you before carefully packing them in cardboard boxes. See the link:
    Discover how TaobaoRing work - TaobaoRing.com
    I'll pay 8% for peace of mind and fast shipping. Plus they accept Paypal unlike when buying directly from Taobao. I'm gonna give them a shot with my next Taobao order which will likely be something that's at least about the same size as Grinder. I'll keep everyone posted. If all goes well then I will use them as an agent going forward. No more direct purchasing from Taobao for me. Apparently Taobao's forwarding warehouses have gone to shit after last fall's monsoon/typhoon over there.

BTW, what items did you order? How big were they? When did you place your orders and when did they reach JCEX?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

After reading some of the stuff that has been posted lately, I am going to be doing the same thing....well that or just say bye bye to taobao.

8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Hello, guys and gals and happy new year! Long time no see!

Anyway I have couple questions since I am planning on using this thing, here we go:

1) I see that they dont accept paypal in there, if something happens how do you get compensated? Is their support assured, or there is real danger to lose your money?

2) How is the communication with the sellers in general? I know that it varies ofc from seller to seller but in general I have a gut feeling that their English are not going to be good or even existing right?

3) Regarding certain countries and shipping, that are usually not on the list: Has anyone experience with that? Whatever I checked in there most dont ship to the EU. Has anyone bought anything and how did they arranged it? I assume through comms with the seller?

Thanks for the feedback.

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I can't say bye bye to the savings. I'll just place my taobao orders through, and have them forwarded by the English friendly agent I mentioned above and see how it goes.

10. pilot00

Ive been checking that system now, and it seems....quite organised.

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yeah and they seem to properly document, photograph, and pack items properly with protective bubble wrap and cardboard boxes instead of bags. I wonder if they have to remove batteries from items?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. pilot00

No idea probably can ask them? They seem to be working as an intermediate between the ordering party and the seller. Adding a layer of protection seems to be a good thing no?

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. They act as the forwarding warehouse that received from the seller then catalogs, documents, weighs packs and ships to the seller.

14. pilot00

I wonder one thing: If there is any complication after you receive it. Accidents do happen after all and lets say they refute it and you open a paypal case. To who the blame will fall? I know Scifi script but still....

15. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I tried Taobao Ring about three years ago. The process felt a little cumbersome to be honest--first you ask them to verify, then they get back to you with a price, then you pay, then they consolidate, then you pay again--but it was all done via e-mail and felt slow. They charge you 3-4% for Paypal fee, plus the 8%, plus I recall the exchange rate being unfavorable, and I felt like they might have bumped up the shipping cost but I had no way of knowing. I went with what was supposed to be the super cheap SAL shipping, and it still felt expensive considering the slow boat. I didn't try them a second time--didn't feel it was any real savings versus faster EBAY and Aliexpress methods that come with buyer protections. However, at the time I was mostly buying KOs vice 3P, and maybe they use chat now for verification. Three years is an eternity in cyber-time, so it may be better now.

Losing 11-12% right off the top, it's hard to see how using TBRing could be competitive with ShowZ, who's been a consistently strong vendor for me. I will be interested to read newer experiences people have with TBR, though.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'll have to investigate it further and try it out to see how it is. As far as cumbersome it doesn't seem any more complicated than using Taobao. Besides ShowZ, Ebay, and Ebay's 3P TF prices aren't as low as the same items found on Taobao....especially for Fanstoys products. So right off the bat the Taobao TFs are 30%-40% less than the same items from other retailers including NA retailers. My very first Taobao order was for FansToys Phoenix MISB and with faster EMS shipping it came to about $150 shipped. So given the fact that the stuff is already much lower than market prices to begin with I think it's worth a try.

17. pilot00

Shipping does have me concearned...I mean as far as I can tell you cant calculate it before hand right? With or without the Ring.

18. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

Sucks for you guys regarding shipping. As I understand it, it's not Taobao exactly, but rather the forwarding services you North Americans have to use giving you guys the bad experience. Too bad there are no other options you guys can use. The savings you get from Taobao are unbelievable. The shipping forwarder that is available from China to Taiwan never open my packages and re-pack into another shipper box. If there are multiple packages, they just put everything into a big canvas bag and ship to me. If is just a couple of smaller boxes, they just wrap them in a plastic bag and ship to me. Never have they opened any package to look inside or repack to ship.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Before the Taobao direct option starting using the weight + volume (volumetric weight) it was easier to calculate the shipping cost as long as you knew or had an idea what the shipping weight was. You could get the weight by asking the seller or oven Chinese Ebay sellers like Baba. Prior to winter 2017 it was easier to calculate as it was just based on weight. The first post shows the charge per kg. Now with volume being part of the equation it is hard to tell and you are pretty much at the mercy of the folks who weigh packages at Taobao's warehouses. TBR says they calculate based on weight only and not volume for EMS shipments so it is a matter of getting an idea of what the shipping weight is and finding out TBR's shipping rates.

20. Obadiah Zuen

Obadiah Zuen Active Member

Do Taobao sller alert you when items are sent?
    Not sure if my KO optimus was packed and ready to go or not. Cannot cotact seller. I get a info page when I click the chat-option.