Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep us posted.

2. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

@ChromeMagnus. According to the actual size of Grinder's box, the shipping weight should be 2.88 kilograms.

3. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mid December. And despite the holiday rush, it still got to me within 3-4 days. Again, don't know if it's a one off but I guess I'll have to order again to find out. Oh, I've also ordered tiny ass items like a MPP-10 faction symbol and it was included with my package no problem. I'd like to think your negative experience with them was a one off. I think we've all had some negative experiences with the regular sellers we've purchased from, but we continue to buy from those same sellers cause deep down you know it was just bad luck for whatever reason.

4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know. The crazy part is I got an order for FT-06G on the way to JCEX/USPS. The box is about the same size as Grinder's. I'm gonna wait and see what imaginary weight they decide to give it.

I had other issues with EMS where they wouldn't release my package claiming it was incomplete when it really wasn't it caused severe delays. They also wouldn't release my stuff claiming it required additional shipping fee payments.

5. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats how it used to be with EMS but ive had nothing but problems with my last 2 orders with them.

1st one they couldnt understand that i didnt order 284 items and it took a week or so of messaging back and forth for them to finally send my stuff.

2nd order they refused to ship and item that i had ordered no problem the first time and now they claimed it was contraband. Took weeks of back and forth and they finally sent my stuff complete and made me go through all that for no reason.

Biggest issue for me is that theyve been opening my stuff and in one case sending it incomplete.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    For me that is unacceptable. How exactly did you get EMS to finally ship your stuff out? What did you say?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

I'm interested to hear what they quote you as well.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I just hope my bad experience with JCEX/USPS shipping fee is a one off. We'll know in a day or two when my next item gets weighed.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. BuddaMonk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes, that's definitely a headache worth avoiding. When you guys say EMS, you're referring to Zhongshan warehouse right? I think warehouse options will differ depending on your location.

I guess there really is no rule of thumb when dealing with Taobao. I only stick with ordering toys and keep it to 3-5 items per shipment. Zhongshan has opened up my items but they only open up 1 item per order, and both times have been FT figures. Annoying but I've been fortunate to not have anything damaged or missing. But I have had issues with some FT figures right out the box, and I can only imagine trying to deal with the TB seller on replacement parts - fortunately I go straight to FT service!

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yes EMS refers to the EMS/Zhongshan city warehouse. EMS is just easier to remember and spell out.
    EMS used to never open my stuff until 1 month or so go and items were missing and broken. Then came the issue with them delaying storage which delayed me from being able to ship. I swore I would never use them again. I can't have the warehouse or anyone opening up my actual item boxes.

11. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the first order i just told them that the item count was not supposed to be 284. They told me they were gonna let the warehouse know. They told me the same thing for 3 days until finally one of the reps sent me a link to pay for shipping.

The second order was much tougher, they kept claiming it was a battery which it wasnt. It just looked like a battery. I sent them pictures, videos, links etc explaining to them that it wasnt a battery and even told them that they had shipped the same item in a previous order with no issues. They said no and no we cant send the battery, i said fine send whatever you want. They sent me a link to pay for shipping and i thought that was it. A few days go by and nothing, i messaged them again and they tell me they cant send it because of the battery. WTF! I thought it was resolved but it was not, during that chat i actually got a call from the warehouse! YES THEY ACTUALLY CALLED ME! The girl at first spoke only Chinese and then spoke in English. She told me that they couldnt send the battery i said ok send whatever you can ASAP please im sick of waiting. In the end they made go through all that and sent the battery lookalikes anyway. :rolleyes: 

Yup the Zhongshan warehouse. during my previous orders i didnt have these issues. I only issue that was guaranteed with them was getting banged up boxes because of the DHL bag.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Well guys my Sever just reached the JCEX/USPS warehouse and the weight/shipping cost on it alone has been inflated as well. 6.69kg at 312 y ($47.93) before the 3% Alipay fee.
    upload_2018-1-4_0-46-54.png

Either there are incompetent individuals at the JCEX/USPS warehouse in Jiacheng or they are robbing people with over inflated weights and shipping fees.
    At this point I don't know if I should delay my items by returning them to their respective sellers and having them re-ship them to the EMS warehouse in Zhongshan city and in doing so risk having EMS warehouse workers open up my contents and losing parts and also risk getting damaged boxes or just pay JCEX 600 yuan ($92.18 or $46.09 each) before 3% Alipay fee to ship them out asap and be done with it. This is insane. Going forward I may have to just roll the dice and use EMS for future. These items should not weigh more than 3.0 kg each. Clearly JCEX is no longer the golden option it once was.
    @botfan
    @connseanery

13. botfan

botfan I'm back

It might be a good idea to contact JCEX directly and complain. Here's a page from taobao for contacting shippers.

帮助中心

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This won't do me any good unfortunately. Those phone numbers are not for the JCEX warehouse or their customer service departments. Those are phone numbers for the local mail/package carries for USA, Canada, and New Zealand such as USPS, DHL, and UPS. They won't know anything about the business operations of a Chinese forwarding warehouse in China.

I'm just going to pay JCEX's freight fees and just take my chances with EMS going forward in the future. My seller told me that EMS calculates their shipping fee based on weight alone instead of weight plus volume. We'll see.

15. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Before you give up, their website has some numbers you can try calling: 联系我们 - 佳成国际物流有限公司

I don't know which one is more appropriate, 全国客服热线 (National Customer Hotline) or 国际货运部 (International Shipping Department).

You have to grill them how they managed to measure the parcel wrongly. It's pretty clear-cut when you only have one box.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

I was chatting with a representative from JCEX and asked them about the dimensions for my Gundam package. They gave the length of the box as 61cm which is about double the size of the largest model box. They said the weight is calculated by volume. They said they could repackage but I would have to pay the shipping price and then they would recalculate then I could get a refund. It is a shit response in my opinion. I just paid the shipping but I’ll be measuring the package when I get it. If the box is excessively large I’ll not use that seller again or see if the shipping box can be a more appropriate size

17. BuddaMonk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My one and only order from JCEX came in a gigantic box for a few items with lots of room to spare in the shipping box (could easily fit a few more items). So your stuff should be mint, but hey, you paid for that "premium" service. I chose to buy from TB because of the lower cost, even after the warehouse shipping fee and alipay expenses. But if TB ends up being pricier than eBay, then what's the point. So I gotta go with the cheapest option available, even if that means some beat up boxes. I guess you gotta pick your poison. If there are specific figures that you want pristine boxes, then go with a reliable seller that packages well. I find TB is a good source for getting KO's since they're much cheaper and I don't care about how bad the boxes get beat up.

18. hoptimusprime

These are Master Grade Gundam models so I'll be happy if they are packed well. I'm just very skeptical that the box is twice the size of the content. With most stuff I don't care if the box is a little roughed up since I'm likely going to throw it away. I wish most 3rd party companies offered a package option like Yes Models. A brown box.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm in the USA. Is there a way I can make a free long distance international call from my cell phone to their land line?
    In any case I said the hell with it and paid the freight. It seems JCEX/USPS in Jiacheng is doing this to everybody now (see @hoptimusprime 's posts from earlier today).

But that's the irony. JCEX/USPS Jiacheng's rates are bit lower than EMS and they take longer for delivery than EMS. EMS ideally the more "premium" option but then again how premium is it when you risk damaged boxed because they just toss all your stuff in a plastic bag with no protection. Also how premium is it when there's the risk of EMS goes through item contents and leave pieces in disarray, missing or broken? Also has anyone made any purchases within the last 3 or 4 days through EMS and confirmed whether or not they too are gouging their shipping prices.....that's the real test.

20. hoptimusprime

Update on my Taobao order from 11/11/17.
    Quick recap: ordered FT-20 and FH Feilong to be shipped by EMS. FEilong got there quick but was never completely checked in. I think EMS was waiting for FT-20 to come in. The courier in China did not deliver FT-20 to EMS d/t reputation of breaking things. Courier returned to seller. Chatted with EMS and they sent me a link to pay shipping for Feilong although they tried to get me to pay for special packing first which I did not. Shipping was about $16 for Feilong. For some reason the seller would not ship FT-20 to JCEX for shipping so I had to pay for DHL shipping. DHL shipping was $84 for FT-20 but the seller told me the calculated the total wrong and I owed another $33 for shipping. I have not paid the remainder yet.

YEsterday FT-20 arrived packed in the FT-20 mailer box. The seal on the box for part A was open and the seals on the styrofoam was open as well but everything was there and intact. Put him together in bot mode and everything is fine.

Picked up Feilong at the post office this morning and it was packed in a box with a layer of bubble wrap but there was a beast leg/claw in the shipping box laying on the Feilong box. Feilong's box had been opened and re-taped. I opened the the box and it's clear that the plastic holding Feilong had been removed a re-taped as well but I did not have time to open everything and take a real close look but everything looks to be in place.

The random beast claw/leg doesn't belong to Feilong so I'm not sure what it's from. I'll post a pic later.

So I got everything although it took a long time. Package from EMS was opened but everything looks good.