Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

They did that to me a few weeks ago @ChromeMagnus.
    I have a bad feeling that they've realized that they can literally charge what ever they want.
    When my box got to me I measured it, and I was well within the size restrictions.
    Checked my boxes weight and sure enough they over charged me by about 100 yuan or so.

2. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

I'm having an issue with the cost of shipping for FT-20. My seller had to direct ship it to me for 540 yuan and now they messaged me saying they miscalculated and that I need to pay another 215 yuan.

3. hoptimusprime

I just did a little research and the PAK Magneto that I ordered and has been delivered had an extra kilogram added to the weight at JCEX. I'm pretty sure it didn't come in an extra box with padding cause the PAK box was messed up. This is a little disconcerting since I ordered 2 Gundam models last night that are going to go through JCEX so I'll be curious to see what their shipping will be.

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So your shipping box wasn't really bigger than it needed to be? It was just big enough to hold your item tightly and securely....no extra unused space?

My seller just responded to me saying he never sent out a package so heavy. In my case JCEX is overcharging me by over 200 yuan!

@connseanery and @botfan are you guys aware of recent shipping weight discrepancies going on with the JCEX/USPS warehouse? What's the best way to resolve this? These overcharged shipping weights and fees are severely eroding any savings we expect to normally get by using Taobao.

I've never had this issue with JCEX warehouse before? If they have turned into thieves by grossly overcharging for shipping then we have no other reliable warehouse options left.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. hoptimusprime

How much did you pay for shipping on FT-20?

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    FT-20 A was 5.7 kg and cost 272 y ($41 USD) + 3% Alipay fee. Shipping came to be a bit cheaper since I combined it with other items.
    FT-20 B I shipped out alone. It was 4.461 kg so it cost 237 y ($36.50 USD) + 3%

I shipped FT-20A through JCEX and FT-20B through EMS.

7. hoptimusprime

The only place they could get to ship FT-20 was DHL since the courier wouldn't deliver to EMS and the seller was leery about using JCEX.

8. Goldmonkey69B

No extra space.
    It was in a custom box the seller made to fit perfectly.

I've noticed shipping prices not aligning with their specified prices on the last two orders I had.
    Just assumed it was an error in my math.

9. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Can you check with JCEX what is their allowed dimensions? Given the recent cases, it looks like they have severely reduced it.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Here are the shipping rates and requirements from a couple months back as shoun on the first post of this thread:
    upload_2018-1-2_14-24-33.png

Here are the shipping requirements to today:
    upload_2018-1-2_14-26-1.png

They are the same.
    The additional yellow highlighted area says:

Weight limit: limit weight 30.0 kg, volume limit: the longest side does not exceed 80cm, the sum of the three sides does not exceed 150cm

FT Grinder's Box dimensions are 11" L X 8" W x 12 in H (27.94 cm x 20.32 cm x 30.48 cm)

We can add a few extra cm to account for the shipping box dimensions and even then the sum of all 3 sides are well under 90cm and nowhere near close to exceeding 150 cm per the current requirements.

My seller said that the boxed he shipped is nowhere near 7kg at all.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  11. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

This is what I was afraid of. I was going to give JCEX another chance after they basically charged me double the actual shipping weight on my first order, assuming I ran into some volume restrictions. Now, it looks like cheating people is just the new status quo.

Considering Alibaba's goals of world domination, I'd think they would lean on the consolidating warehouses a little and shut that short-sighted cheating down.

12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I posted it a few weeks back: 美国官方物流价格及材积限制

I think oversized parcels should be contested. They might try to hit you with 'sensitive goods' next, which should also be contested.

13. Goldmonkey69B

I would be surprised if that box is over 32 inches in any direction.
    Also, I'd be surprised if it was over 60 inches with all side lengths combined.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    See my updated post: Buying Transformers on Taobao

15. Goldmonkey69B

I see that.
    Still, I don't see how you could be quoted so much.

16. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my first JCEX shipment today. Items were 100% new and unopened, the box got smashed and the damage transferred to the items but its nowhere near as bad as it is with EMS. Awaiting my next box which is apparently in NYC at the moment.

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    When did you place the order and have them shipped out? Were you overcharged for overseas shipping by JCEX?

18. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

That's why you must contest it with JCEX customer service. Ask how they get 7+ kg.

They might hit back with 'sensitive goods' claim, which you need to contest as well.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I dropped a message on their Aliwang and sent an email to their customer service department. Is there anything further I need to do to formally contest this? I'll even reach out to their cloud online chat customer service rep tonight when they become available. What are the chances of success when contesting?

20. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I paid 92 yuan for 1.02KG. i just weighed the box in the scale at the office and it weighs 1lb 8oz so it should be 0.68KG :rolleyes:  Shipment was requested on 12/14/17.