Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. connseanery

connseanery New Member

I'm not sure if that's the case with all the taobao shops but I asked 5+ and they all told me June.

I don't think consolidating really saves you that much on shipping. 40 or so Yuan on the 1st kg and that's it. Also the people weighing the individual items include the packing box so the total they charge you is higher than the eventual shipment weight.

2. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

I think it's 90 for the first kg, at least to me. The next purchase I was planning to do was Omega once he gets released. Uncle Billy has Phoenix on taobao for about 880 or so, but direct shipping overseas (couldn't select consolidated warehouse shipping) is 500 itself, so that's a non-starter.

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure @botfan will let us know which reliable seller has Phoenix at the best price.

4. nhyone

nhyone Member

It probably doesn't ship overseas. You can check with the seller if he blocked it, or it could be due to TaoBao's auto-filter.

By direct shipping, do you mean 'Contact seller for shipping'? Some sellers purposely put a high price so that a sane person won't choose it. :D  I've seen price of 9,999 yuan.

5. connseanery

connseanery New Member

I just meant that most carriers charge 90 yuan or so for the 1st kg and then after that it's around 25 Yuan for each additional .5 kg. So you only save 40 Yuan by having one package vs two.

What's uncle Billy's taobao store? Thanks

6. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The seller is really helpful and doesn't seem too fussed about the waste of time. They're trying to refund me for both, but the timer on the first one has expired. Im just going to let the first one go, a bonus to them for the trouble shipping to me caused.

7. nhyone

nhyone Member

Ouch, how much would you lose?

Here's what you should do. Work with the seller such that you place the same order, but don't pay for it first. Then ask the seller to change it to a low price (10 yuan, perhaps?). Then you pay for it and he'll ship it as per normal.

8. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seller won't alter price in checkout, their reason didn't translate well so.. *shrugs. They're only 42RMB each, no big deal. Just annoying.

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone spotted any good deals on FansToys Phoenix?