Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Update! My package just left Guangzhou for San Francisco. :)  I'm blown away by the speed. The seller shipped my stuff out last Thursday so it hasn't even been a week and it's here in the states. If what ChromeMagnus said holds true, the EMS shipping should get even faster once it gets into the USPS' hands.

2. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the page? I'm intrigued because I've not seen such a seller. :D 

You'll get there -- especially if you branch out of 3P Transformers. There are so many things to buy on TaoBao, no need to limit yourself to 3P Transformers. :D 

I'm at the first rung of diamond now... :eek: 

Instead of per-item, TaoBao should take the price into account, so say, every 100 RMB is one point.

3. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huge courier company. If you have any Large or Consolidated packages, they'll be the ones who deliver it in SA instead of Startrack.
    They make you sign your name with your finger though on a touch screen. So weird ;) 

4. mista2x

mista2x MP Collector

EMS is super fast. My order was in SF on Tuesday and at my door on Wednesday morning.

5. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Speaking of which, do you know how to locate Figma figures on Taobao? Been trying to find Madoka Magica or Date A Live figures on Taobao, but I don't know what the "translation" is to put into the search box.

Sweet! I should have my package by Monday at the latest then. :D 

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish EMS didn't require a signature for final delivery.

7. mista2x

mista2x MP Collector

I usually ship my AE EMS orders to the office but with TB packaging being sketchy looking sometimes, I ship those to the house.

When the guy delivered mine yesterday he asked if he just wanted me to leave future packages like this on my porch in a spot hidden from the road so I didn't have to take off work to wait for the delivery... the benefits of tipping your postal courier during the holidays. ;) 

8. connseanery

connseanery Well-Known Member

I've never bought any of those in particular but to find some of the less common items, you can probably find a store that just specializes in those types of items. Here seems to be one.
    首页-H教授的玩具讲座-淘宝网

For a specific model, you can try picture search as well to see if it pulls anything up. Also if there is a numbering for the figures (like there seem to be with figma stuff) it helps in searches as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You have to find the Chinese terms, no two way around it.

Usually Google will do. For anime stuff, there's usually some page that lists the Chinese name. Madoka Magica is 魔法少女小圓, but I don't know if that's what you want.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Thank you both!! I think I found what I was looking for. :) 

11. connseanery

Does anyone understand the process by which a person buys used goods on the Taobao site? There seem to be a separate site / app for it.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I shipped out my JCEX/USPS package this past Sunday night and it is already processing through NY customs as of yesterday. Hopefully it should be delivered in a week from now or sooner.

13. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

Has anyone had an issue setting up their alipay?
    Tried to pay with my credit card, but it's being declined.
    I plan to contact my bank today to see if it's them stopping it, but I figured I'd plant a seed here to see if it's a common issue.

14. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    I've had that issue also. Try another card if yiu have one. You can then try using this declined card when you're actually paying.

15. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I want to put the other card I have on there :/
    It's an Amazon credit card and I'm kind of apprehensive to enter the information in anywhere.

Did you ever find out what the issue was?

16. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    No. I just put it down to being fickle. Other people have had issues and changing cards has solved it for them. Trying another browser has solved problems also

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It depends on the bank/financial institution that issues the card. At first I would use my debit card thru Alipay. Sometimes it would go thru and sometimes it would get declined. It would get declined because my bank system would randomly decide that my debit card being used on a Chinese website pay portal might be an act of fraudulent activity (even tho it wasn't). As a precautionary measure my bank would freeze the card and I would have to call them to verify the charges and remove the freeze. So then I switched to using my regular credit card thru Alipay instead. Apparently my credit card is not as sensitive and it allowed the transactions to proceed with no issue. I would make note of the charge on my credit card and immediately pay it off online using my debit card. If you find a credit card that works for you like I did you can simply select the option to have Alipay store your credit card information the next time you pay for an item. That way going forward you won't ave to re-enter your card information each time.

18. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

I have a question....here is my parcel's EMS tracking....

• 2017-Sep-19Tues.09:12:56【Cargo】 Your package has been signed by Guangdong Zhongshan Express.
    • 2017-Sep-23Sat.17:03:32【Cargo】 Your package has been warehouses in Guangdong Zhongshan Express storage warehouse normal storage.
    • 2017-Sep-24Sun.17:43:46【Overseas】 Your package has been shipped from Zhongshan Zhongshan Express
    • 18:54:00【Overseas】 Shunde District, Foshan City, RongguiHuakouexpress delivery station has received (embrace the driver name: Chen Chongming, Tel: 13929164261)
    • 19:53:10【Overseas】 arrived in Foshan City Center
    • 20:04:22【Overseas】 away from Foshan City to Guangzhou City
    • 2017-Sep-25Mon.09:31:10【Overseas】 away from Guangzhou to Chicago (via)
    obviously, I have seen zero movement since the 25th....should I be worried?

19. connseanery

If you're just using the tracking on the taobao site, the info is usually delayed once it is on its way overseas.

Try to enter your EMS # on these 2 sites. They will have more updated info.

中国邮政速递物流
    Enter your EMS tracking number in the "track multiple shipment" box.

USPS.com® - USPS Tracking®

• Like Like x 1
  20. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

Yeah, I tried those...still says the same thing tho...