Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KFC Kingorilla made it to my city about an hour ago. Hopefully it should arrive within the next several hours. :D 
    **UPDATE**
    Package is being delivered today. Taobao warehous' EMS option is super fast. I placed my order on 6/26/17 and it is being delivered today.....7 days later. I'm amazed. Usually stuff from China that I order thru Ebay takes about 14 days with their free standard shipping. Even though EMS shipping is not free, the order total was $20-$25 less than lowest price on Ebay from the most reliable Chinese Ebay sellers. Amazing.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AJaggens

AJaggens Active Member

So, to recap, because there is lots of misinformation from taobao agents I've read about this topic:
    1. You order from a shop on taobao. You pay item price and small fee to deliver item to warehouse.
    2. When your order arrives to warehouse, you pay to them to deliver your item from China to anywhere worldwide.

And those three payments combined are final price. Am I missing anything? Because "agent services" are asking way more for this.

3. connseanery

connseanery Well-Known Member

Those are the fees, but the partner warehouses that work with taobao's consolidated shipping service only will deliver to certain countries. This document from 2016 lists the warehouses and the supported countries. They've since added Japan and updated some of the shipping prices.
    Taobao Global Consolidation and Shipping

4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how to apply Taobao coupons? I noticed I have these.
    upload_2017-7-3_16-3-26.png

5. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

You click on them and once your order meets the requirement, you will see the coupon deduction when you pay for your order. Most of the time you can only apply one coupon per order per seller.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    How frequently are the coupons offered? Do they range in value? How do I increase my chances of getting coupons again in the future?

7. TangoThree

Frequency depends on the sellers. The values are determined by the sellers as well.
    If a seller wants to offer a coupon they will. Some sellers do it all the time. Some don't.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    ohhh so the coupons can only be used on items from the specific seller who offered them? How do I know which seller offered me my coupon?

9. TangoThree

Sellers' shops will have the coupon notice on the home page.
    I usually check during the shopping cart process.
    If there are coupons offered, they will show up near the name of the seller in the shopping cart.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Are there coupons that Taobao offers that you can use on any item from any seller/store like Ebay flash sale coupons?

11. TangoThree

I am unaware of any coupons like flash coupons on Taobao.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how much a box packed and ready to ship 1 FT Spindrift weighs?
    Also what % does the seller and the consolidated warehouse charge for overseas credit card/debit card transactions (USA cardholders). When the seller charges that % is that from sum of the item cost plus domestic shipping fee to the warehouse?

13. connseanery

I imagine it would be less than 1 KG. The stuff I've bought recently like MMC Sphinx and Spartan have been less than that. Have you considered waiting for a few items before you ship them overseas? The 1st KG is more expensive. 83 yuan vs 22 yuan for every .5 KG after that.

It's alipay (kinda like their paypal) that is charging 3%. It's goinig to be 3% of everything (item, domestics shipping, overseas shipping).

BTW this store has spindrift for 269 yuan (~ $40)
    第三方可变机器人FT27浪花补款

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    So if it is less than 1kg the forwarding warehouse's shipping fee to me would be just 83 y (about $12.18 USD)??
    I like receiving my items as I order them. I usually buy one figure at a time.
    I thought transaction with the original seller required a 1% charge from alipay. 1% of sum of seller's item cost + domestic shipping to warehouse.
    Then later 3% of warehouse shipping fee.

15. genfuyung

genfuyung Well-Known Member

How do you know what that second shipping price is going to be? Is the price it shows in the cart when you are checking out not the actual final price?

16. connseanery

You don't know what the overseas shipping price is going to be until it gets to the consolidator warehouse and they weigh the item.

17. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Took the plunge and made a low cost KO purchase to try it out. Does the site not use email updates like Ali and eBay? As in purchase confirmation and item sent etc? Didn't need to supply an email address on sign up. Item has moved to shipping and I can only log in to see updates / progress.

I'm also automatically using 4PX forwarding. Is there an easy way to see the total delivery costs before purchase, rather than just the domestic cost? Like others I would like to know all costs before purchasing. For a 140 yuan item I'm not too fussed with this one but good to know if Taobao is how I'll buy in the future.

EDIT: used this site for shipping cost guide so would welcome any feedback on how accurate it is. 85Y to Australia with 4PX killed any possible saving but a good first run to try Taobao out

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  18. connseanery

That's pretty close to how much it costs to ship to the US for the 1st KG also. You'll notice after that every .5 KG is cheaper. You save more in the shipping costs if you consolidate multiple items.

• Like Like x 1
  19. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Thanks connseanery.

One other n00b question, if I can't select 'add to cart' items does that mean the seller doesn't ship to my country? I didn't have any real issues with my KO but looking to get a Gigapower Slag. Not sure if it's a browser issue I'm having (tried on my PC and phone) or whether I have to go through the agent route e.g. Superbuy.

Thanks!

20. connseanery

If hitting the add to cart button doesn't work, you just have to refresh your browser and hit the button a few times. Something is up with their site code and whatever common browsers we use.

If Taobao is blocking an item from being sold to overseas buyers (like it does with those with "fanstoys" or "maketoys" in the item title), you'll get a message when you try to pay for it.

• Like Like x 1