Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. connseanery

connseanery Well-Known Member

It'll be the Senzhen warehouse where the domestic seller sends the items. You just have to do your best to estimate the weight from whatever sources there are out on the Internet. They might limit your options to DHL or EMS to get thru customs.

That disclaimer comes up with these types of items because the superbuy warehouse inspects all items and they don't know whether something is a KO or not. They will take pictures of all the items once it gets to the warehouse.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sofos87

sofos87 Well-Known Member

thank you for everything
    ill try to find the weight of that thing to see if its worth it

3. nhyone

nhyone Active Member

带 原色 威震天 特典 = original color Megatron special gift
    带 透明 威震天 特典 = transparent Megatron special gift

You can search for 威震天特典 and see what it is like. It seems worth it for 47 RMB more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can try emailing or sending a Facebook PM/DM to a e-retailer like Toy Dojo to ask them how much does a shipping box weigh that contains your item ready for shipping. Whatever weight they give you round it up to the next highest lb. Then take that lb weight and convert it to kg. For instance if Toy Dojo tells you "about 3 lbs" or "a little over 3lbs" or "3-4 lbs" then just go with 4 lbs. So 4 lbs = 1.81 kg. Then you can calculate the forwarding shipping waehous' charge based on this chart:
    Taobao Global Consolidation and Shipping

• Like Like x 1
  5. connseanery

sofos87 is in Europe and Taobao's Consolidated Shipping isn't available yet. He's going to need to go thru a 3rd party forwarding agent. Unfortunately those 3rd parties aren't going to have the same shipping rates.

BTW did the post office try to re-deliver your package without you needing to ask them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The did but no one was available to sign for the package again. However, unlike the first attempt, the finally did leave a "sorry we missed you card". I signed it and indicated that today they leave the package at my door/porch.

7. connseanery

Maybe you're better off trying the JCEX/USPS option next time. They shouldn't require signature and the prices should be similar.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I thought about it. But I have to contact the JCEX/USPS warehouse via chat to get the forwarding tracking number right? It won't just show up on my logistics page?
    Is the shipping time the same or faster/slower?

Could you show how I would go about switching to JCEX/USPS?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  9. sofos87

sofos87 Well-Known Member

wow guys thanks for all the help!!!!
    as i was searching the net i looked some agent-like pages and yeah the shipping is too much so im not going to do anything yet

ill try to contact the thor-toys seller or the dog-cat, and ask them about shipping to eu,
    quick question: can you contact them through a PC or i need a mobile aplication???

also from what i have found the weight seems to be around 8 kg since 1 is around 1.3kg(if thats correct)

10. connseanery

I've used JCEX/USPS once and the tracking didn't show up in the logistics page. I made a screenshot in post 208. You can change the warehouse via a link off the page where you choose consolidated shipping.

I think shipping times should be close to EMS. It can varying even with EMS though. I've had a package get from the Chinese airport to LA in 2 days and as long as 11 days. One thing that EMS is known for is getting thru customs fast.

11. connseanery

The aliwangwang messenger app is available for desktop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Well I finally got my hands on my very first Taobao order, FT-10 Phoenix today. The EMS shipping was fast and fine. I think I will stick with it even though it requires a signature for delivery. I ordered on 6/18/17 and it was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago on 6/28/17 so 10 days from order to delivery from China is amazing for me in the southeast US. The needless drama was due to the fill-in, substitute USPS delivery driver chick who was working this week in place of the normal hardworking driver lady I usually get. My normal USPS delivery driver is supposed to be back from vacation tomorrow or Monday. It turns out the substitute driver this week is a lazy a$$, good for nothing, useless b****. She was supposed to deliver my Phoenix on Wednesday the 28th but she was too lazy to carry the package up to the door. I know this because while I was at work my brother who works from home watched her put regular letter mail in the mailbox but she never got out of the truck. Apparently she it was too much to ask of her to do. She marked the tracking update status as "Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)" when clearly an eye witness confirmed she did not attempt to deliver the package. She didn't even leave a "sorry we missed you" card. That night I left a signed handwritten note taped inside my mailbox letting her know that she didn't leave the card. The next day (yesterday 6/29/17) she saw it, finally left the card because no one was there to sign. That night I filled and signed the card and checked the box with instructions to leave the package at the front door/porch. I left the filled and signed cad in the mailbox so she can see it. Again today my brother saw her drive up and put regular mail in the mailbox and again he witnessed her not getting out of her truck to attempt to deliver my package. She saw the card she left the previous day that I filled, signed, and left in the mailbox but she ignored it. I got home to find the card still there and no Phoenix. When I got home from work this evening and learned that this happened yet again I was enraged. After calling my local PO immediately and giving an earful to the manager who picked up the phone he took down my information and confirmed that my package was still sitting in the PO. He said I could come by right away even though the PO was closed and he would bring my package to me. That's what I did. Based on what he told me when I picked up the package, apparently the fill-in driver was some lazy young chick who didn't want to do her job properly.

In the end I finally got my package, if not for the shenanigans of a lazy driver, the turnaround time would have been 10 days instead of 12. My normal USPS driver will be back on duty long before the time my KFC Kingorilla arrives. So I'll stick with EMS shipping. In all for a new MISB FT-10 Phoenix direct from China, it was $157 well spent. Big props to @connseanery for the guidance along the way.

13. botfan

botfan Enter- Hospitality Botfan

Domestic cost, $220 plus shipping. Over $50 saved. You're in the taobao-zone now, bro :) .
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Thanks to you as well for sparking my interest in Taobao.

15. TangoThree

TangoThree Active Member

Taobao is great once you navigate and get used to using it. I just received OS RH Greenscream and OS RH Skywarp. Each with shipping from China to Taiwan was $65 each. After learning how to use it, buy all my stuff from Taobao now.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Here's a breakdown of the charges for FT-Phoenix
    880 y plus 24 y which includes domestic shipping fee to forwarding warehouse & 9 y (1% credit card fee for international orders) = 904 y plus 27.12 y alipay service charge = 931.12 Yaun total ($136.72 USD) before overseas shipping charge. Overseas shipping fee from forwarding warehouse (EMS shipping) 171 yuan ($25.03 USD). Grand total $157.07 USD

-------------------------------
    Can anyone explain or show how to add an item to a favorites or watch list so you can review and buy them later? What is the maximum number of items you can watch?

Also, how can I save or follow sellers that I like? I'd like to be able to view them in a list and have access to a page that shows the latest items from sellers I'm following or saved.

I know Ebay offers these features once you've signed in. I was wondering if Taobao does so too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Ahh. Got it
    Thanks. I could have sworn I tried to change the consolidated shipping/warehouse option once. I clicked the link and nothing happened.

Hmmm. So it isn't 105/25 but 83/22 instead? Maybe I read something wrong.
    upload_2017-7-2_13-39-15.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  18. connseanery

There is a favorites or "collection" drop down at the top menu bar. collection_bookmark.jpg

Adding an item bookmark_baby.jpg

Adding a shop bookmark_store.jpg

19. connseanery

That document is from 2016. They have since changed the prices as you can see from the actual taobao site. BTW Zhongshan warehouse may also use DHL instead of EMS. My most recent package got sent by DHL instead. You can tell if the overseas tracking is strictly numerical instead of the format E......CN
    shippingoptions.jpg

20. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who did you buy from? Got a link?