Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My recent EMS order shown my overseas tracking number in the page you mentioned under International Delivery Ticket Number but the "CN" at the end of the tracking number is missing. Therefore it can't be tracked as is. The EMS reps gave me the full number which works and shows movement. My previous JCEX/USPS order has a completely different number than the actual working number.

2. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This method works for me in Australia. We go to transrush.com to check our tracking. The old way of finding tracking has stopped for us also. Strange

3. ultramic

ultramic Active Member

I normally use 4px to ship to Australia but decided to try out Jcex for my recent MPP27 purchase.

Conclusion - they are downright thieves. Reported package weight was 3.9kg !!! Based on MPP10Z and NE01 which each weighed a bit under 2kg, that's double what it should actually be. That's the last time I use them.

4. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to know. Being in Australia myself I briefly tried to use another warehouse but the link wouldn't work. Glad it didn't, 4PX rocks. Although recently arrival into country and available to pick up has lately been taking a while. Second time for me the pick up option will take a week +

5. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. The JCEX warehouse started using volumetric weight in their weight calculation instead of just actual weight. This has resulted in JCEX, the once cheaper shipping option, becoming the costliest of the shipping options when shipping overseas. This is also the case with shipments going to the USA. They've been using volumetric weight now since the December 2017. I've experienced this as well and have stopped using them. Now I take my chances with EMS shipping which in light of this change is now the cheaper shipping option. EMS is not only faster but is now cheaper. The only issue is thee EMS warehouse staff will open up your items to inspect for contraband and is some cases they will not be careful to re-pack your items in proper condition. They have been known to send packages out with parts missing, broken and/or portions of the item box (not the shipping box) missing.

7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  8. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

IMO, 5 diamond is too strict. 1 diamond is pretty good already. Another metric is how old the shop is. A 3-year old shop is pretty reliable, I would think. (Not talking about this case. This shop is just 2-month old.)

I would think that a low-rating seller would price his items lower to attract buyers, but that is not the case at all.

But the most important thing is to communicate with the seller. Ask if he has stock. Buying something not in stock gives you needless grief regardless how reputable the seller is.

If you stick around the same sellers, you will realize some take down old listings, some don't. You might prefer those who do (if they list it, it means they have stock).

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If less than 5 diamonds works for you I say go for it. I'd rather be a bit more cautious.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Tracking shows my EMS order of FT-20G processed through a facility in GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA on 3/7/18 but still hasn't reached the USA yet. I hope there wasn't an issue at US customs.

11. rodpat

rodpat Member

Same here, mine was processed in March 6th, I contacted them and they told me that I have to wait between 8 and 15 business days, I dont know if that is true.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine in hand today, it's much much nicer than the KO. At first glance what tells me it's not a KO is the antenna is stiff to rotate, no floppy head, and gun, joints don't feel greasy to the touch and axe fits over the fists. Overall joint tolerances are also very good and based on memory it feels heavier than the KO.

What tells me it's a possible reject is the front doors don't sit flush in robot mode with / without the matrix. Not a biggie to me. I'll keep my KO trailer so now I have a pretty decent MP10. If anyone's interested once I transform it I can report back.

13. TF RJ

TF RJ Member

Have you checked with the seller directly? I think the seller doesn't have it in stock. For shopping on Taobao, may need to check with seller if item is in stock before order it.
    I believe there are no available Grinder below 1400 on Taobao.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I didn't reach out to the seller to ask him but it showed up as a new item for this seller in my watch list. But yeah as with all Taobao transactions I would highly recommend reaching out to him first to confirm your desired quantity availability first before ordering. You never know he may say he has some. I wouldn't wait too long though.

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Any updates on your package? I'm guessing winter storm Quinn or Skylar in the Northeast US is causing the delay.

16. rodpat

rodpat Member

No, I do not have any new news, Today I received a message that another package is going to take 3 more days to get out from the warehouse. ...

17. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

It looks like for the first time I have succumbed to the volumetric weight price inflation. The first item is 4x 12cm figures of approximately 220g in weight each plus a figure of 800g ish. I think the actual weight would be around 2.5-3kg at most.

upload_2018-3-15_21-9-59.png

It normally use 4PX to ship to Australia and it had been fine. Recently I tried out ZTO and JCEX, and one of my packages under ZTO is definitely volumetric. My question is, if one item was measured in actual weight, while another is volumetric, when I consolidate them, will they adjust the shipping fee invoice after they have manually packed the new package and realised that they could jew more out of me?

I've seen screenshots where there may be a handling fee or adjustment column but haven't seen any values yet.

I heard that 4PX might use volumetric weight on the condition that the volumetric weight is 3x the actual weight. So a 1kg toy that is 4kg in volumetric will have it treated as volumetric. See here.

Tips to Save Shipping Costs When Buying From China Taobao

18. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. Up until now I've only seen 4PX invoke volumetric if certain dimensions are exceeded. You see this message when you pay for shipping but obviously not if you've selected another warehouse when ordering. I recently paid for an order and didn't notice anything new from 4px but will keep a look out

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Looks good. Can you post the seller's listing?

20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm not too familiar with 4PX as I'm a customer in the USA therefore 4PX is not an available option for me. I'm sure other Autralian customers can make suggestions. All I can say is if I were you I'd just stick to 4PX instead of JCEX.

Also, based on your screenshot it looks like you are using Chrome broweser. You can actually go into the chrome browser settings and set the language to automatically translate the text to English. That way any Taobao page you go to will automatically translate the text where possible. See below.

upload_2018-3-15_10-17-37.png