Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The seller's can and do offer free shipping to the consolidation warehouse on certain items. About half of my orders have free shipping to the warehouse. I'm not sure what method sellers determine what gets free shipping to warehouse and what doesn't but it certainly happens.

2. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I doubt FT-20 actually weighs 8.24 kg. It seems like volumetric weight to me -- which is fine. Shipping is usually the higher of the two. OTOH, Zhongshan is padding its measurements. It's like volumetric + actual weight.

The secret is simple: either absorb or add to the selling price! :D 

Local shipping is very cheap anyway, on the order of 5 - 20 yuan (US$0.79 to US$3.15).

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

There is an easier way to add your address so its automatically there when you go to buy. Ill try work it out again how i did it and let us know. On mobile atm.

4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    All I know is that the grand total I paid for FT-20G is the same I paid for FT-20 A + B combined which was several months before JCEX/USPS began implementing volumetric shipping.
    Better believe if I had gone with JCEX/USPS Jiacheng, the grand total would be well over $300....probably $320.

5. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Thanks for this. I made my first attempt through Taobao a couple of weeks back, and the item has still not been received by the shipping warehouse. The seller seemed to have pretty good feedback as far as I could tell, but only had one diamond. On a related note, my account page shows "13:18 left" for "Handling trans" under the last column (after Google translate). I was thinking that this must be the estimated time to delivery? Or is this how much longer I have to wait before I can file a dispute? I can't seem to pull up a working, tracking update.

Attached Files:

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    "Handling Trans" is what you'll see once you've paid for the item and it is on its way to the warehouse. It's very odd that your item hasn't reached the warehouse yet. It shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 days. Did you place your order before 2/24/18 during CNY? How long has it been saying "Handling Trans"?
    Have you tried communicating with the seller via Taobao's Aliwang chat app on your desktop to see what is going on?

2 things to remember to always do:
    1. Only buy from sellers with a feedback of 5 diamonds or higher....see the chart.
    2. Before you buy, communicate with the seller via Aliwang chat to confirm if they have your quantity in stock.

If you don't get any resolution within a day or so I would file for a refund.

7. karamazov80

Thanks. I did order during the Chinese New Year, which explains part of the delay. It wasn't shipped until after that time had ended.

Do you know what that countdown clock refers to on "Handling trans?" It has had this listed for about a week.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It refers to the amount of time left before Taobao/alipay automatically releases the funds to the seller. The general idea is that the buyer will have the goods in hand by then and if all is well they can release the funds. If you need more time you can delay the timer for 3 more days one time IIRC. The timer may expire anyways if there are extenuating circumstances that delay shipments like CNY. It's a feature that I really don't use often.

See #6, Label 7. Countown timer.
    How to Buy Directly from Taobao – Updated for 2017

• Like Like x 1
  9. karamazov80

Thanks. Good to know, though a bummer for me. I guess I should know that there are just no good deals to be had with those damn Fanstoys Dinos at this point. Pay through the nose or go without!

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    I'm going to try again with this shite.

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If there aren't any deals on TB you can try Ebay. China Ebay Seller Check
    Then of course you can try North American retailers like Toy Dojo, BBTS, TCP, TFSource, capturedprey.com, A3U, agabyss etc.
    Then Chinese based retailers like Unclebillyshop.com, Showzstore.com, tf-direct.com, Bestgrey, Rubadubspawn, robotoybase.com, etc.

12. karamazov80

Thanks. I was burned through eBay by sellers that weren't bad when I ordered, but became bad soon thereafter.

13. minstral

minstral It's all about G1

Ebay:
    Def install the App. uness you've checked with the seller, there's no way they can tell you if there's a problem. Maybe there's no stock. Is the logistics showing tracking movement? Once the timer expires they'll get the money for nothing shipped.

14. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

This is true, but you can always apply for a refund and claim "item not received".

I would contact the seller and ask about the status of the item.

15. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    Alright, I'm making a new account. I guess I screwed up in Alipay?

And once I definitely get an overseas account, I don't have to add my passport info? I'm certainly not linking my damned bank to it.

16. minstral

minstral It's all about G1

Ebay:
    I've found the refunds to be made in a few days to up to 3 weeks plus, hence a hassle I'd rather do without. I had two refunds coming from buying a Contstructor each from 2 different retailers and they weren't in stock. A lot of money to have tied up for 3 weeks. Spending a little time to message a seller saves a lot of hassle later down the line

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I've noticed that Taobao no longer lists the overseas shipping/waybill number on the order details or logistics page. Is there a way I can get the overseas tracking number without asking cloud chat customer service rep?
    I also is there a customer service email address for EMS like there is for JCEX/USPS?

18. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

yes there is. the waybill number can be found at:
    淘宝网 - 淘!我喜欢
    just click on logistics at whatever order you want to check on and the tracking/waybill number will be there. Hope that helps.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I saw that. I clicked on Logistics Order Details then on the next page I looked under International Delivery Ticket Number but the overseas waybill/tracking number is incomplete or not in a format USPS recognizes. I had to reach to EMS Zhongshan via cloud chat or Aliwang to get the correct complete number. The correct number is no longer being posted on the Taobao logistics page.

20. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

well as of my last order which was shipped out on 2-09-17...it was working. Hope they did not eff this up as well.