Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron For president 2020

News Credits:

I set up all my stuff using howtotao's guide to the T. I don't see what I did wrong.

I will say, when I selected US as my location, I was a little iffy if I was choosing the right characters.

2. smkheidze

smkheidze I don't break rules, no really, I don't.

Yeah that not was hard as the guide is using a simplified chinese while the website is using a fancier chinese...they are different.

3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron For president 2020

News Credits:
    Damnit. I give up!

Well, what the hell do I use? I was using chrome.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
  5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

how do i search for sales on taobao? or lowest price to highest price or something like that. been looking but cant seem to work it out. And what is the best search for transformers on the site.

6. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best search is uploading a photo, there's an icon beside the search button or use the alpha numeric code e.g ft-22 for loot etc

• Like Like x 1
  7. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

Type the product number for an item in the search bar i.e. "MPP10"
    It will give you a lot of search results of MPP10
    If you are using google chrome to translate, you'll get a section that reads "comprehensive sorting popularity credit sales price"
    Price will have a drop down menu with the option "price from low to high"

This will give you all the items in the search from the lowest price to the highest price regardless of items sold or in stock, just sellers prices.

The best search is if you know the item number or a picture search, unless you know how to type in Chinese.

8. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

Hi guys I'm considering making the Taobao Plunge, can anyone direct me towards a reliable sellers that has MMC Furor & Tremor as well as MT Gun-Dog (Toy Version) in stock at all please as so face I've had varying results running searches.

9. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A bit of a blase response but all sellers I've come across are reliable, no scamming like on eBay. Just pick a seller that has 4 or more diamond ratings as that's a general rule for going with a good seller. On the first post of this thread there's a link to English speaking sellers so you can chat with them using the Aliwang App without using google translate.

For a reliable search, use the alpha numeric code in your search e.g. 'MakeToys MTRM-02N'.

Your best approach to checking stock is messaging individual sellers. Unfortunately there's no other sure fire way. Good luck

10. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

Thanks I appreciate the help

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yesterday the seller received my FT-20G that the EMS warehouse rejected for shipment. He refunded my money and had me re-order, and this time he shipped my item without bubble wrap thus allowing it to fit in a smaller outer shipping box.....one that he said that EMS would not reject.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I just paid for my EMS shipping invoice for FT-20G repaint. The shipping weight was 8.24 kg so apparently the EMS Zhongshan warehouse does in fact use actual weight and not the expensive volumetric weight (that's what the JCEX/USPS warehouse now uses. Grand total for this item after shipping and alipay fees came to $295 shipped. Here's hoping the EMS warehouse shipped my package intact with nothing missing.
    @botfan
    @connseanery

13. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I must be stupid, but even with google translate I can't figure this out. I want to order MMC's Jaguar but I don't know if it's even worth it. I'm not paying double the price for what it was released for. That's just insane. I'm not that desperate. LOL. I tried to set up an account and order and as soon as I got to the part where it wanted me to put in shipping info, I was done. Not to mention I don't even know if the source is reliable. Gr! Sometimes I wish I was fluent in a lot of languages. Haha!

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    MMC items don't offer the greatest discounts on Taobao. Some manufacturers will offer better prices than others. MakeToys is almost the same way.
    The best discounts from what I've experienced are with Fanstoys, XTB/KFC items. Also at this point JCEX/USPS overseas shipping has not gotten more expensive because the JCEX/USPS forwarding warehouse now uses volumetric shipping which adds to their shipping weight calculation. Ironically EMS is the cheaper shipping option.

15. TFC201482

The item is supposed to be free shipping but I gave up. I still feel like I would be paying more than what I want. I'm just running out of options on how to get the figure. No one seems to have any for sell it seems.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The shipping charge to for the seller to ship to the forwarding warehouse may be free but the warehouse will weigh it and charge an overseas shipping fee that must be paid before they will ship out to you. The overseas shipping fee is never free.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. TFC201482

Haha! Gotcha! Welp, guess that leaves me high and dry. Thanks for the input.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    No problem.
    Besides, I just ran a Taobao item search for RMX-01. At this point there are only a handful of TB sellers listing it and none of them are the trusted sellers I usually go with. The trusted sellers with higher ratings have sold out at this point. Now all the sellers have feedback showing red hearts which is too low. I recommend going with sellers with a feedback of 5 diamonds or higher anyway.
    upload_2018-3-4_14-2-59.png

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  19. TFC201482

Yea, some one on facebook was going over this with me. The one person who does have it has it cheaper than the others and only has 2 hearts, which I almost wouldn't mind giving them a chance but I just can't justify spending almost 150 for something that was originally around 60. I'd be willing to go as high as 100 maybe 110 but damn. lol This is what happens when your late to the party! MMC has no plans for a reissue cause it didn't sell well the first time. Unless there is a demand for it, I'm screwed. Haha. I know I'm not the only one looking but I can't see the demand being high enough to get that reissue to happen.

20. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

Unless you have a Chinese shipping address, the shipping fee is not free from the seller to the consolidation warehouse that handles overseas shipping.

You can check if the seller is willing to ship direct to you, but will not be free shipping.