Buying the cutout displays?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rid, Jul 16, 2007.

1. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Anybody know how I can get my hands on one of these cutout displays at TRUs or Walmarts etc.? It would look great for my collection.

I tried approaching a couple of stores but they all say "not for sale". I know they are not for sale but sooner or later, they will have to get rid of it to make room for other stuff. So what will they do with them? Throw them out? Well, that's when I want them. Anybody has some insights on how I can get my hands on them? Maybe some of you are working (or have worked) at TRUs or something can help out.

thx.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I worked at TRU and actually had the Spiderman movie display for the longest time. Just ask the manager what they are doing with them when the display is taken down. Most likely though, an employee already claimed them. Many TRU employees are there for a check of course but also for the few perks of toy collecting. That's why I worked there for a bit.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Luckily Since I'm the main action figure collector in my town, all the toy managers know me and usually let me know when they're going to take them down...... and let me have them.