Buying TFs you don't want

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Reverend Frenzy, Aug 23, 2007.

1. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

if your'e like me if you don't buy it when you see it you will kick yourself in the a** later cause next time it will be sold out

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well yeah. during a drought I'm much less picky about my tfs I bought figures like movie skorponok that I did'nt intend on getting but I learned to appreciate it.

This however does not mean out of desperation for new tfs I'd buy merch like the barrel roll blaster. As I work hard for the money I spend on toys and would rather buy 3 more dreadwings then a prime helmet without cullens voice. (seriously why did they make 2 versions when everyone including little kids like the cullen prime voice)

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have never gotten an unwanted Transformer. I've never seen a Transformer that wasn't worth owning, just some Transformers I'll never be able to afford.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I don't buy what I don't want, simple as that. Though sometimes I don't want things I bought, but that's only after wanting it and being disappointed.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I've bought stuff I wasn't too keen on for the sake of feeding my addiction in the past, but with the movie stuff...it's buy on sight, definitely.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sometimes.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There have been a couple of times when I bought a TF that I wasn't completely sure that I wanted, but, later on, after having it for a little while, I was sure I wanted to keep it.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Leader Megatron...he's ok, but I only bought him cause it was my birthday last week and I hadn't seen him once since the movie had opened.

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Put it another way... TF's I really don't care even the slightest about I don't buy at all... all others I do because 99% of the time I end regretting I didn't do it anyway, and now having to pay the double/triple/quadrouple for it.

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I've had TF buys like this before...the o'l 50/50's...you half way want them and half way don't...

If there are plenty on the shelf I pass and give myself time to think on it...if they are almost out or it's a hot item I purchase but keep the receipt...

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've had purchases that go both ways of that kinda type.

I've often found myself buying things in the "not sure if want" category, either because they were difficult to come by (like the movie toys), or they were found on sale or clearance, so they're cheaper than the price I wouldn't pay before.

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm an impulse shopper, so it has happened for me more than once. Case in point, my Target has been empty of new stuff for well over a month now but they had a new Cyber Slammer in today so I bought it! I'm the proud owner of a Cyber Slammer Brawl! What was I thinking...

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

These are the only Transformers I don't want:

[​IMG]

14. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

That is your choice but I feel you are realy missing out on some fun.

15. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I've gotten to be like that. After my BotCon experience, and reading board-lists... I am in that boat. If I have the $$, I am picking things up - and if affordable, 1 extra. I have a local friend who *occasionally* doesn't have what I do, or I can always help someone who can't get it. But while my inner collector would like to have "one of everything", I'm working 2 jobs to pay my bills as it is.

So it's gotta be something I liked in the first place, or I really really know is gonna be hot.

Hence why I have NO movie BBs, and only picked up movie figs in the last couple of weeks.

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I did I learned not to and its two words classic ramjet always hated ramjet and his re-paints

17. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I went to Target yesterday morning and they had a Tit. UM, Sunstorm, & SS along w/ Leader Brawl's. I rushed over there and picked them up, then my high went down and so did the toys. Bought I was close to pulling the trigger and making a pulse purchase(s). I feel better today w/ the money I saved still in my pocket

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And sure enough, I see the Metallic Voyager today on eBay with a Best Buy Exclusive sticker! As soon as I get a release date on it, I'll return the blue version and get the more movie-accurate deco instead!

19. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Sadly, this is how I ended up with most of the Cybertron line..

20. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm way too picky and hardly ever buy a TF unless I really, REALLY, want it. It's funny though, when I went to my parents' house back west and saw the big box full of the ones I really wanted I was like "wow, this many?" But no, never bought one I didn't want, and dont regret my purchases. I still have less than 20.