Buying MPs from hong kong

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Bigtiny454, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Bigtiny454

Bigtiny454 New Member

I tried to find an answer online about this but I can't find anything, so I need some expert advice. I came across an eBay seller called Animateseller with a few of the masterpieces I want to add to my collection. I have always thought that If it's from hong kong that it's a fraud. 200$+ isn't something I want to loose so I want to know if anyone has bought from hong kong or this seller impaticular? Any advice would be grateful.

2. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I've never dealt with that seller, but he seems to be legit. I've bought from a lot of HK sellers and provided the prices aren't too good to be true and their feedback isn't all from low feedback users then you're good. Robot Kingdom are one of the biggest TF shops around and they are based in HK (Ebay ID oceankingtoy). In fact, I personally find HK sellers are better communicators and faster to provide tracking numbers than most US sellers.

General rule though (and it applies to any online purchases, not just HK ones), use Paypal, fund it through a credit card not from your Paypal balance and remember you can only make a claim within 45 days.

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Why? Hong Kong is geographically fairly close to where a lot of toys are made, including Masterpieces.... although i think with MP10 it moved to Vietnam?

Aside from that, Genetic offers sound advice.

4. Bigtiny454

Bigtiny454 New Member

Thanks fellas, I went ahead and bought the megatron figure. I've used the eBay buyer protection before So i know eBay won't mess around if this isn't legit. I think this eBay might be e-animate in hong kong. Not for sure tho. The feedback they have from those who bought MPs from them are positive.

5. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Well good luck man, hope it's a smooth transaction for you :)