Buying MP-05 opinions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Incepticon, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    So what do you guys think, is this guy worth getting two of out of the starting gate - one for display & one to keep MISB - with the risk of a "perfect edition" also being released later that offers the silencer & stock, or just getting one for display purposes and *hope* they release a complete edition later to keep MISB and/or also display in complete form?

As it stands, Takara kind of screwed us collectors by releasing MP-04 since many of us already bought one or two copies of MP-01 - again one for display & one to keep MISB. Getting a "perfect edition" kind of caused a mess when it came to A) already having the first edition out on display, and B) having a now incomplete edition sitting in a box which automatically decreased its value. Because what do you do with the "perfect edition"? It's complete so you want to display it, but then that means you have two in total out of the box. But leaving it the box means you still have the incomplete edition on display.

I took the gamble of NOT getting MP-03 because of this very situation. I didn't want to buy one or two of an ugly sea-green edition when there may be a color corrected edition released later - which is still up in the air. But I don't want to pass up on Megatron while at the same time potentially having several copies of him because of a complete edition released later on.

F*cking Takara. I really hope they DON'T realize what kind of headaches this causes to collectors but purposely do it anyway. It's like buying DVD's. Just when you think you got THE edition of all editions, they re-re-re-release it again in a few months without any forewarning whatsoever. Except this is much more expensive when it comes to import TF's.

2. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Dude, what part of your post is actual news?

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    you're news

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I never buy two of anything, It's kinda pointless when money is in short supply and I could have two toys I don't yet own instead of one.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Off to the Toyark

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

If you really care about getting the Silencer & Stock then buy just one. Otherwise buy two if you really like the toy. I am in the same boat as you I love MP 05 and I really want to own two, I just haven't decided if that's worth the $200+ I'd have to spend.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i buy shit when they come out and not into the whole buying doubles dealie-o.

the end.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Oh shit, sorry for accidentially posting this in the News section, admin guys! I had no idea until I couldn't find the thread and then saw it got moved here. Seriously, I did NOT mean to do that.