Buying for other people

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by strangeguy32000, Jun 22, 2012.

1. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

How often do we buy Transformers for other people?
    I know my kid brother benefits from many of my TF purchases
    He is currently in possession of my Go-Bot, Psycho, while I gave my Stepfather my Boxed complete MP megs after I got a loose, Incomplete one in a trade with a friend. I'm also on the lookout for some other figures for my kid brother (as my BST thread will attest) and am currently bidding on a lot with a G1 megs I'm planning on giving my stepfather for christmas

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I wish I had friends or family that cared about Transformers. I'd hook them up all the time.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've picked a few things up for people, but there're only 2 other collectors (well I guess 3 if you count a dude who lives in the next town), so its mostly been for people I know online or the Junkion. Chances are that I'll be picking shit up for my cousin once he gets a little older (he's 3 right now & doesn't really get the full enjoyment from em), though. :) 

4. Spawn77

Spawn77 U.S. Marine

Almost never, I simply don't know anyone who collects. I did try to give my little cousin a generations Starstcream as a birthday present, I don't think he ever played with it though.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Every friend who has a boy gets them for their birthday. Gonna dip into the "inventory" this weekend instead of going shopping, one kid is getting Prime Soundwave and Wheeljack for his birthday, and another is getting Movie Deluxe Ratchet and Roadbuster for his brother's baptism.

Had some good ones in years past, got one friend's kid a $3 Ultra Onslaught, $12.50 GI Joe RHINO, and three single movie Joes that were 75% off. Another got an Ark (thing was on clearance for like $2, Voyager Prime Optimus Prime, and Prime Bumblebee (we all have to do our part to clear out the BBs).

I usually try to stick to about $20 in purchases, but usually get the stuff on clearance for them, so $20 is usually around $60 retail (except this weekend, spent too much on myself, and the kid who's birthday it is will destroy them in a week anyway).

As far as buying things for other locals that I am getting paid back for, all the time. I think I am sitting on about $300 worth of stuff for other locals right now.

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I often get things for my friends (if they didn't find them first), and sometimes I'll figure out a TF that one of my nephews would love.

7. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Local board members' birthdays, that's about it.

8. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    As far as buying things for other locals that I am getting paid back for, all the time. I think I am sitting on about $300 worth of stuff for other locals right now.[/QUOTE]

Barrelks hooks everyone up in Washington state - he is awesome

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only other person I buy & give TF's to would be my nephew..he's 7 now and probably has over a 100..mostly TFA, movie and TFP, some G1 & BW loose that we've found at garage sales and flea markets... and they are all over the place which makes my SIL crazy. Hee Hee. :ev: 

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Cashanova and I have a bad habit of finding cheap, awesome toys after we've already got them, so we buy them for another friend of ours called Rich. He has an awesome collection now and I swear we've bought half of it for him, for less than we paid for our respective items.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

A couple

12. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always try to score finds for my local brethern when I can and have the money handy. If I can't purchase the figure, I'll stash it and text them the location. They've all done the same for me, so we have a pretty great little group in the area.

13. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

I do for the one friend I have that collects, he does the same for me as well. :D 

14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I won an incomplete G1 Megatron on eBay yesterday, and I'm gonna give it to my stepfather as a Christmas gift after I Do a little "Restoration".

By that I mean I will need to buy all the missing parts (Stock, rifle thing, Barrel Extension, Scope), buy some reprolabels to replace the worn-out stickers this almost thirty-year-old action figure has, and then somehow keep it a secret over the next five months.

15. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    My kids have their own TF collection at this point. And my cousin always makes sure to "thank" me for getting her son hooked on TFs. He looks forward to seeing me more than to seeing my kids (who are about his age) because he likes to show off whatever new TFs he got.

16. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My brother and I both collect the TFP line so I pick up new stuff for him when I find it. Just got us both caught up on wave 4 deluxes last night.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I have three cousins and four nephews that are the perfect age for Transformers, they get them for their birthday and Christmas. Usually it's z deluxe but every once in awhile when I have a little extra $$$ I'll give them a Voyager. It's to the point they tell me they know what a gift from me is going to be but they still get excited about a new Transfofmer so it's just a fun little inside joke for us :) 

18. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Whenever my nephew tells me he likes TF stuff. Like one time, we were at the toy section of a department store, I was going over the clearanced DOTM Arks picking one out for my self, he told me he wanted one too, I was happy to give him one. His interest varies so one time he likes Bakugan, sometimes Beyblades, but whenever he expresses interest in a TF figure I get it for him. One time I got him DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime but got nothing for myself. Just glad I'm able to contribute to his collection (mostly OPs) and his being a TF fan.

19. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I havnt (yet). I would get something for a fellow collector, but never for a kid. Kids are stupid & would only screw up the figure. Why give it to a child who will screw it up when it could go to a collector who will appreciate it properly? :) 

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I sincerely hope you're joking, but you're not.