Customs: Buying an airbrush - need advice.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by godsenddeath, Apr 30, 2006.

1. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Decided to buy one for a kitbash, but don't have a clue abot what i should be looking for or how much i need to spend.

Any speciffic make i should be looking at??

Thanks for any advice.

2. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sotar and Iwata tend to be the "professional" brushes, but if you are only going to be using it occasionally, I would suggest a cheaper alternative. I picked up an Aztec for about $80, and I use that more than anything. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and the color coded nozzles help you keep track of the sizes. The replacement parts are actually cheaper too. Pick up a compresser that allows you to adjust your air pressure. Don't use propellants, they aren't very adapatable. Hope this helps!

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Me, I wouldn't touch another Aztek. Iwata are pretty much the cream of the crop, and I highly recomend them. Badger and Paasche are also good, and a bit more affordable.

4. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah GR, I will second on the Badger, that was actually the first airbrush I owned, had totally forgot about it. It was a really good airbrush, and was a good starting point. You can find some that are relatively affordable too.