buying a new car tomorrow! (carfax inquiry too)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, the wife and i are getting a new used car tomorrow...its a mazda 6, from 2007...kinda stoked, kinda nervous, but it should be nice. we're working with a local used dealer who's owner is best friends with my bosses wife, so we're getting a decent deal on it, and they're really working with us on financing options. my credit score is awesome right now too, so that should help, alot.

only thing is i havent checked the VIN number on carfax or anything, cuz i don't really wanna spend another 30 bucks on it...so, do you guys think its worth it? it came up with 7 reports when i searched it, but to find out details you gotta pay...and 7 reports could apparently mean alot...so, whaddya think?

2. One

One Well-Known Member

That's cool man, I hope everything works out for you.

(Try not get a Ticket first time you get the car too. :p  j/k)

3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buy it. Sell it. Lets go to Botcon.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Better safe than sorry these days with used cars. I'de get the carfax report. Better to spend the $30 now then have tons of headaches and more blown cash down the road. The Mazda 6 is a nice car though.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    id spend the 30 bucks , I Know a fair bit about the cost of car repairs asi took a course in part sales and service management and car repair will blow past 30 bucks in a heart beat these days , get the report , you will be glad that you did its cheap insurance, and it best to know as much as you can upfront before you start making payments on it

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Seeing as the car will cost you thousands of dollars, even if it's hassle free, and potentially thousands more if it isn't hassle free, you should cough up the extra 30.00

Mazdas may be reliable, and you may have an angle with a 'friend of a friend' but at that scale, it's best to check.

7. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I got a Carfax on a car that said it was in Florida and I was looking at it in Virginia Beach, Va. Long story short I didn't get the car.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd cough up the $30.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    cool, thanks for the advice guys...turns out the dealership is gonna run the carfax report for us, for free...so that's awesome...tomorrow we'll finalize all the paperwork and get it all set...and hopefully it all works out well, since my wife is already driving the car on a loaned basis...and she's SO in love with it...

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd still pay the $30. Car dealers like to sell cars. Unless you are watching them pull it up on the computer, they could hand you an edited form. #1 rule of buying a used car. Do not trust the car salesman.