Buyers REMORSE

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Apr 22, 2012.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay, I have a quick question, Why do people seem to be selling Hercules so much as of late?

Is there quality issues? Or do people just not feel it's worth the price tag they paid after received?

2. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't speak from experience, but the guy is HUGE. I can't see him fitting in with most collections too well. His scale seems really too big for most classics collections. Maketoys Giant works as a better Devastator in that respect.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Green Giant.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Financial issues, I bet.

5. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I want to get Maketoys Giant as well, Isn't it just 300$ or so? MUCH better than 500+

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been noticing that too. A lot of people seem to be selling theirs now.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Isn't there a smaller one coming out?

8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    You say this like it's a bad thing?

I was really unimpressed with Giants individual figures, they felt so cheap next to Hercules, but they still make a great G2 Devy. Herc is my true Devy though. Each to their own and all that.

9. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Well yeah, it can be a bad thing if you don't have enough space. He takes up a ton of vertical and back room due to his crane. I've seen a couple of people selling their Hercules for that reason.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Because they wasted so much money on a piece of crap. I never held one in hand but honestly that thing is way overrated.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^I suggest seeing it in person. I didn't like the face much and had the Crazydevy head on perorder (4/6 of my Herc is waiting in China right now). As soon as I finally saw entire thing combined in person, I not only cancelled the new head but was blown away. Pics do not do Herc justice. Is it $600 good? I don't know about that, but is it a piece of crap? no.

12. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm selling mine, purely for financial reasons as we have to move house, but I can see myself owning it again a few years down the line. I don't want to sell, but needs must.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    thread win!

14. Bountyan

News Credits:
    I actually liked Hercules less after seeing it in person. IDK why.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Likely because they're sitting there looking at this thing and are unable to come to terms with the crazy amounts of money they spent on 6 large Deluxe sized figures despite how awesome it is/looks.

2. Cash grab 101. Invest $600+ and try selling it as a set for even more money. No different than people who scoop up Botcon exclusives solely to throw them on eBay.

Those seem like the two most probably scenarios imo.

16. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

Masterpiece rodimus prime version 1.Who knew.

17. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I think that some of the people that are selling Hercules off now are those that had bought into the hype train. And now that the hype has mostly died down, they don't want the giant combiner anymore. Maybe some put the set on the chopping block for space or monetary reasons, maybe wanting Giant now that the green version is up for preorder and are trying to reclaim what they paid for a set they no longer want. Who knows?

I for one hope to never come to a point where I need to sell my set, for they (Dr. Crank in particular) make me very happy.

18. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like anything else in this hobby. I don't see it as abnormal in any way and there are many reasons why people may be selling them. I see a lot of people selling their Prime figures, does that mean they feel "remorseful" about them?

Some people may, in fact, be remorseful about their Hercules.....maybe some people simply didn't have the money, so they bought him to try him out with the intention on reselling him so they didn't lose money. Maybe some people bought 2 with the intention of displaying them in combined and individual modes, and then decided that they were happy with just one. Maybe some people bought them and then lost their job. Why do you care so much?

Myself, I have Hercules and I think he is great. I am probably going to be eventually getting Giant as well. Do we always have to degrade one figure to give more justification for the other?? Enjoy the hobby guys. If you don't like something, don't buy it and stop caring why other people are buying or selling something :2c: 

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    :lol  that makes no sense.

I bet people are unloading them to get some extra cash for Botcon.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I still have mine. No regrets. In fact, I've yet to sell a 3P add-on or figure, with the exception of the gold chrome spoilers that came with FP's Sidearm/Protector kit.

And quite honestly, while the OP has made an interesting observation, it's still a flawed one that stems from a very limited perspective. Toys generally have a high turnover rate on the secondary market. There are people on the boards that are presently unloading their DOTM figures, just like we've seen with ROTF and TFTM once the enthusiasm for those lines died down. We've seen people part ways with their Alternators, Masterpieces, Unicron Triology, Animated etc. I'm sure the same will happen once the Prime series is over. It's a combination of losing interest, which is ever fluctuating in this fandom, coupled with financial circumstances. Sometimes, people have a limited collecting budget and will use sales to fund newer purchases.

Nope.

Let's not reward hyperbole, shall we?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012