Buyer Beware of this seller.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by PrimulArchangel, Sep 1, 2011.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I came across this seller on ebay tonight while searching for some G1 insecticons. He claims these are G1 orginals BUT if you notice he has a almst blacked out pic of the front of the box and a nice clear bright pic of the back of the box. SO i emailed him and this was the 3 responces he gave me

My email to him

Dear baseballpsu33,

Would it be possible to get a picture of the front of the insecticon box please? there are many fakes out there and seeing just a very very dark photo of the front and a clear pic of the back does not make me comfortable bidding on this and i really want this figure if it is an original.
    Thank you :) 

His reply

Dear ripcord3,

its orginal because i got it straight from the store when i was a kid. been in my personal possesion ever since

My reply back

Dear baseballpsu33,

I would still like to see pics before i bid on it. I have been burned a couple times on ebay by counterfeit G1 figures so im not comfortable buying without seeing the product properly.

His reply back to me

Dear ripcord3,

they charge per pic. if you got burned i think you can get your money back especially if you paid thru paypal. i would look into that if i were you. you have a good shot at getting money back, mine are real as they get and you can save this email. i stand behind my rep. me and my dad collected these in the 1980s.

My reply back

Dear baseballpsu33,

I tried getting the money back but the accounts were empty from refunding the others that got ripped off as well so it was empty when it came to me getting money back. I actually got back 53 cents from one auction but the others nothing..
    You dont have to put it on ebay you can email me the pic, my email is @#$%@yahoo.com :)  or if you want to put the pic on your auction you can use photobucket to show your pics for free..

And then his final reply to me was this funny ass email :lol 

Dear ripcord3,

my friend just called me and about tore my head off. he told me to send these in to a place called afa and have them graded. he said i would get a high grade for sure and they will probally be worth 700 a piece once graded. i mean he tore my head off in a nice way. were close friends. so im not selling them anymore. thanks for your interest. i have about 15 or so more to sell. not sealed though. but if your looking for anything else let me know. please look at my recent feedback score for the transformers and the comments. customers are loving the condition i claim these are in. thanks again for your interest

This was the Kickback auction that he pulled right after that email
    Transfomers G1 Kickback IInsecticon MISB Takara 1 Owner | eBay

He had a bombshell up to that he pulled.
    Transformers G1 Bombshell SEALED 1 OWNER Box Mint | eBay

And he had a Hound up that he pulled. Was Hound KOed ?
    Transformers G1 HOUND Autobot. With Box. 1 Owner | eBay

I honestly can not tell if they are KOs or not but because of the really dark pic and the fact that he would not send me a proper pic of the front of the box and then pulls the auctions tells me they were KOs and i spooked him .

2. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seems kinda shady, and im not 100% sure but i dont think hound was ko'd