Buyer Beware : New Godmaster Knockoffs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 16, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    KOtoys are announcing a new KO's of the single packed Godmasters (Powermaster engines) on their site so if you see these sold loose soon as a set of three just be aware that they will soon exist in faked versions too : and don't be tempted to think your getting a bargain as the originals go for a great deal of money. so please be aware that they are due very soon and don't fall for them as genuine items.

https://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php/topic,2183.0.html
    https://kotoys.com/store/index.php?...id=964&zenid=fe5bc12f7a3c2a641e930056a0e1235e

The image below is the real deal version of the toys that is soon being copied.

(Note the above URL may require you to be a member of the Kotoys board to see so I have also attached a copy of the items to be aware of as a JPG attachment and included a link to the sale page too so at least one of them should work)

Attached Files:

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Well one of those would certainly be useful for that fake yellow Getaway that came out not to long ago, as it has no engine of its own.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Can anyone name these figures. Can't put my finger on them but they look familiar lol. Besides that man I hope these KO producers die in hell for taking advantage of us collectors. The number of times you have to worry whether or not it's original or fake after/before purchasing G1 figures is getting annoying.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    They're the exclusive GodMaster recolor sets of Lightfoot, Ranger, and Road King.

They're Aquastar, Bullet, and Zetca.

5. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I own the originals, two copies of each one to be exact, so I'm interested in seeing the KOs. The chrome isn't holding up on the originals, so to get new chrome would be cool.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

wait; what? didn't this guy have a "closing down forever" sale? just a few weeks ago?

what happened to that? :lol  and now they got new product...???

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

ever look at chrometechusa?

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know the KO headmasters left off the copyright stamp, with any luck they'll do the same here.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    oi vei... :peoples: 
    thanks for the warning, RedAlert Rescue! :thumb :

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Probally not, someone elese did the headmasters and left the stamps off so you could tell the difference. The heads KOtoys will be selling are copys of those, chances are chms will be leaving the stamps intact.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Your welcome.

Oh and there's (for Irony fans) a KO of of the WST Blaster coming out too... (unless It's the same people as before just making more of them that is). But it's another item that has been discussed as due soon anyway 'whoever is making it'.

It might be something to be aware of anyway if it is not by the original manufacturer and does not hold up as well as the initial version (which I've had no significant problems with really) - I read that they do not know yet if the new one will include Steeljaw or not though. I would hope before to long more info on that will be available but if your worried about being taken for a ride with that now might be a good time to buy a mini-Blaster or Mini-Twincast before the copy versions comes out.

12. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Definitely. I used them to rechrome my Giga & Mega :) 

But for these three guys, it's a little more problematic. They are chromed and painted - in three different colors. It would be very difficult for me to match the original paint color, so I'm not bothering.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...and now the only forum link available says "The Store is Closing TODAY." WTH?

I'd say I'm concerned for folks who've ordered stuff recently tbh... on one hand you have all the posts regarding the store closing... and yet still this weekend links to *new* preorders?

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^yup, this. I mean whassup with the possibility that the shop can fold without any prior warning? that's scary, dude. SCARY.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    That 'is' a bit concerning.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^It's times and examples such as this that I am glad to have the help of uber and trust worthy sellers whom are based in Japan on these boards. If I want to buy a vintage toy/s I will either go through the proper channels and or LEGIT online websites in Japan with EXCELLENT reputation such as Mandarake and or Jungle Collector's Webshop etc.

17. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I think It's a bit worrying if you were one of the people who would have liked the KO dinosaur cassettes and other cassettes as it was a lot cheaper to buy the repro ones than the original by a significant amount.

There was only a window of less than a week for people to order the other 2 dinos on that site though.

I think some people would be upset they are closing as they got some fun out of things like the kits and oddly coloured legends fakes and that sort of thing they sold. I'm sure some of it will come out other places though if that's your bag.

18. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Is there really that much demand for those three Godmasters that they had to be KO'd? One would think they would spend their time on items that have a decent amount of demand just so their sales numbers would warrant the KO-ing processing time. It just doesn't seem like good business sense to me. (unless there's this huge demand for these three that I'm not aware of)

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's probably down to some one deciding that the market value on the originals makes it worth while - it might also be possible that some Fake repro Godmasters/Headmasters might be on the way to go with the Engines.

But considering how people complain about a lack of Headmaster Bodies to go with all the thrid party heads you can get ; I'd say they are the more obvious choice - I know Weirdwolf just got copied too - but his fake is hugely expensive I think it's something about the $80.00 mark last I saw it. - It might be cheaper if sourced from China directly though.

Personally I can see some worth in repaints of the Headmasters - I quite liked that rare camo Highbrow for example. and Weirdwolf would be nice to have in Galaxy Force Dark Fangwolf colours I suppose.