Buyer Beware! MP-10 Optimus Prime / Convoy has been KO'ed

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by pingth, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

Yeah I am waiting also. Total guess here, but I think for some reason Wheeljack and Exhaust jumped in production. It was suppose to be SG then Wheeljack or Exhaust I think. Maybe the had some issues they wanted to address before SG and EVA came out, but they seem to have been delayed.

2. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

So is Acetoys the only seller with these? Love a lot of the changes to this KO, but I can't see myself spending more than $125 shipped for this thing.

3. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. JPrime

5. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where I can get a KO MP-10?
    Not the oversized.
    Any help is appreciated.

6. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

Would like to get this one but can't find it anywhere!

Attached Files:

7. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because its sold out and the KO factory haven't had plans for another run yet. They are going to be working the SG and Eva mode version after the recent Gold Lucky Draw version that came out.

8. JPrime

Same here :( 

9. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

So it would appear that even with the 'mold fixes' I saw posted earlier in this thread, you feel that a KO is still just a KO and therefore sub par and not worth the money?

When I consider the cost of a KO to display under glass in my shelf, I think I could be more than happy with dropping $140 instead of $250 or more... but are these KOs really that bad? The photos sure look damn sweet.

10. Obadiah Zuen

Obadiah Zuen Well-Known Member

HI all. Where can I get a KO MP-10 v2? - I think it looks better than the official hasbro and takara versions. Have read that this v3 of the KO is stalled production til very far next year?

11. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

My KO MP-10 v2 is probably the nicest figure in my collection... has problems transforming but the added paint apps give it a real premium feel... i also have the takara mp-10 and the YOTH but those stay in their boxes...

KO's are great for displaying and you have the added bonus of not being as worried if you break it :) 

12. HeyPiRon

HeyPiRon Well-Known Member

KO MP-10 v2 is really great. Just one issue - hands. But I change them to KFC articulated hands. V2 have a really impressive paintjob, perfect for displaying in robot mode.
    [​IMG]

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I love my 2nd run KO, but like HeyPiRon said the hands are the only weak point. On the three fingers that are molded together they didn't sculpt the individual finger details so they look like mittens. But on the Magnus and other recolors afterwards they retooled the fingers to fix that. So potential if they release a 3rd run in regular Prime colors it will be close to perfect. I also replaced the hands on mine with the KFC hands, but you do have to do a little modification to get them to work, because the wrist disc are a little bigger on the KO.

14. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

To be honest I hope we'll get an MP10 KO, in regular size, from the OS mold.

Very hig QC and improved legs make him better than regular KO MP10... So why don't we undersize the oversized? ;) 

15. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    how do I tell if my MP-10B is a legit or a KO?

16. Obadiah Zuen

Can you advise where to get an MP-10 KO (v2) or v3 for that matter when it is available? (I am new to this)

17. Obadiah Zuen

18. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
  19. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

V2 sold out quite a long time ago... you can try searching eBay or Amazon but you'll be paying through the teeth for it unfortunately :( 

Collection Kingdom is working on a Shattered Glass and Eva repaint... they just released the gold version, the UM and green BAPE.... however the SG version was supposed to come out 6 months ago and was delayed for the gold version... still no word on what's going on with it unfortunately....

20. baconbeast

baconbeast Avid TFBT player

As far as I know (and happy to be corrected!), there have been no MP-10B Black Convoy / Nemesis Prime KOs released so far.

The only MP-10 type / sized KOs that have been released (most info from the RocketPunchArmy reviews on YouTube) are:

• MP-10 version 1 (KO of Takara MP-10; sold out!)
    • MP-10 version 2 (improved on version 1; pretty scarce / sold out!)
    • MP-10 BAPE / Green Optimus (still available through AliExpress and other Chinese online sellers)
    • MP-10U Ultra Magnus / White Optimus (still available through AliExpress and other Chinese online sellers)
    • MP-10G All Gold Optimus (newest release, check TFDirect.com)
    • MP-10 Evangelion Prime (supposed to be available by Oct 2015 but not yet in stock)
    • MP-10 Purple / Shattered Glass Optimus (available by Dec 2015)

Only the MP-10 Evangelion Prime comes with a trailer. The rest need to be purchased separately (and yes, there are KO trailers for almost every model above - even for MP-10B!).

The above list basically covers the KOs that can be mistaken as real for the uninformed. There are other KOs (like the oversized MPP 10) that wouldn't be mistaken as official Takara or Hasbro but there are too many to mention.