Buy Henkei Wildrider? Or wait?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a friend offering me a sealed Henkei Wild Rider. It's pricey and we haven't decided on a final price, but he's cool with doing trade and making payments.

He's one of my grails and I basically just want a classics Wild Rider to go with Drag Strip. But here's my question, should I wait for a Hasbro Wild Rider? Or maybe a 3rd party not-Menasor?

Anything is possible these days. Advice?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Well, there's no saying Hasbro's going to release a Wildrider, or that there's any company with a Menasor in the works.

But bottom line is that you have a Henkei Wildrider available to you, with someone seemingly willing to work out the payment. Get it.

Even if Hasbro made a Wildrider down the line, it's not going to be that figure in that deco.

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If he is your Grail and the terms are acceptable, I say go for it. I don't see the price getting any better any time soon.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    or......wait for the KO?

I want one too for my Shadow Scyther but now I'm not even sure I want the Scyther... sigh.... decisions decisions...

5. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

I heard there's a ko coming so if u don't mind having a ko replacement, can go for that

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto. He's a really cool figure (I got him around two years ago when the price was...much different than it is now), and I'm not sure if Hasbro will ever make a Classics Wildrider, be at as its own mold or as a repaint of one of the other Autobot cars (we haven't even gotten a Hasbro G1 Breakdown from the Sideswipe mold, only FunPub's done it and that was the G2 deco), at least not anytime soon and by that time who knows what a sealed Henkei Wildrider will go for.

7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt we're going to get a Hasbro wild rider

How the heck else are they gonna re-use the mold? We've gotten it at mass re-release (Battle in Space/Challenge at Cybetron), we've gotten it as an FP Exclusive (TFCC Sideburn), and we're getting it as a Takara E-Hobby exclusive.

I can't fathom another outlet to get one.

I don't support straight knockoffs, but if u pass on a chance to get the real deal, you're probably not gonna have any other option but to pray for a KO. (die m&c die)

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    FunPub has this Botcon/Redux G2 Breakdown right?

Now imagine TakaTom repainting that figure into... :ev: 

Or a Remold/Repaint from the existing car molds from TFG/RTS &...Well, we'll have one then.

IMHO: Henkei Wildrider was NEVER Wildrider, just like Henkei Strafe wasn't Strafe enough.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would pick it up especially if you can work out a nice deal.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My advice is to see what kind of deal you can work out with your friend. If it's decent and involves trading items you're trying to get rid of anyways then go for it. A KO is likely but won't reduce the value of Wildrider too much so that's not a problem. The chances of Hasbro releasing a Wildrider from the Hot Rod mold is slim. If Hasbro does release a Wildrider it'll more likely be from the newer Generations mold and at that time if you prefer that stunticon there will still be a decent market for HK Wildrider due to Shadow Scyther.

EDIT: And once you've got your Wildrider you'll have to decide if Botcon Purple Prime makes a decent enough Menasor or not. New Grail!!!!!!!!

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If he's a grail to you, I say fuck it.. go buy that bitch.

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    let me buy it! :) 

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I say buy it. I really can't see Hasbro coming out with Wildrider for Generations anytime soon.

Besides that, Henkei Wildrider is going to become even more harder to find and be unbelievably expensive in the future. So I would definitely recommend getting him now instead of waiting until who knows when's the next opportunity to buy him surfaces.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Buy him. He's also the best version to go with Shadow Scyther (IMO), if that's what you are worried about.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I kinda hope we get a new Wildrider from the Tracks or Jazz mold... or even a brand new mold... a KO would be my plan, because the last few i've seen have all been in the 500 range, and i just can't justify that...
    but if you get it, i wanna see it!

that'd be a perfect new grail for ORIO!

also, i think you should just buy it, because i know that as soon as you do Hasbro will announce their own version...

16. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm holding out for the rumored wildrider KO, no way I'm paying that kind of $$$ for a deluxe. If its made by the same people who made the ko henkei seekers then it should be of decent to above average quality. But thats just me, save the big bucks for MP's

17. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Yea, the Rodimus mold for Wildrider doesn't make sense to me... should be a different car. To me if I loved Wildrider and that was all that was available I would just wait, or get a knock off as a placeholder until something better comes out.

Wow, people would actually pay that for a Henkei deluxe!

18. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    -If Hasbro decides to somehow make a black rodimus = wildrider or anything else of the sort... I don't think you'd want it. There's some mold degradation going on, at least from my Challenge in Cybertron Rodimus is loose as hell. I can't say the same for the BiS one... plus there are two more coming our way.
    -KO is a KO. I got a Wonderfest Black Convoy and even though the quality is good I can't stand that it's a KO. If you're going to slap the rodimus armor on it, then it shouldn't matter too much I guess.

19. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the KO that is being rumoured is not like the CHMS seekers. The quality is going to be a little off. The Wonderfest Black was good quality but there were minor things that bugged me about it. The face and some of the tampo were not the greatest. Get the Wildrider if you can afford it.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should clarify when I said "wait for a hasbro one" I meant a new mold or a repaint of another car that's not Rodimus. I definitely don't see Hasbro doing their own Wild Rider repaint from the Hot Rod mold