Buster Prime is amazing!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rhapsodyred99, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I wont bother to post pictures since they are everywhere, but let me just say wow.

I mean seriously wow.

They took the great mold and really brought it to a whole new level. So many little details that really make this figure awesome.

Right now I am trying to resist buying another one for his truck mode display.

I seriously hope Hasbro can bring this guy over here without any changes so it won't cost another fortune to get another one.

Seriously if you are on the fence about this one, go for it you will not regret it!

2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get mine (one to open, one for MISB); supposedly TF Source is shipping them out today.
    By the end of December, I should have that, O.G. RotF Prime, and Black RotF Prime all together.
    Here's hoping Hasbro comes out with their own repaint of this toy.

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Hasbro needs to give us a repaint of some sort. I don't care if it is black, white, or other color, but I will get one at least.

4. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    It's a great version of that Leader mould, far better than the standard one. I've already ended up raving about it in a couple of other threads today :)  Hope Takara do a "premium" variation of the Leader class Starscream toy, too.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm somewhat sad that I cancelled my preorder. When I get the black repaint I hope I'll be happy though (couldn't afford 2 of the same mould so close to each other :( ).

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see this happening, but I wish it would.

As far as Buster prime goes- he's just stepped over the line and basically IS the 5th masterpiece mold/character in my mind now.

The only thing they could/should have done would have been to either include a second head or a removable mouth guard. I've already swapped heads, and while I'm pretty happy the colors don't quite match.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys have me excited about getting this figure. I just bought one from hanypa over at the Junkion Exchange. Buster Prime will be my first ROTF toy!

8. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine from him a couple of days ago. I have not opened it up yet but it is a beauty to look at.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I could afford one. It just looks like a huge step forward on an already great mold. Hopefully Hasbro will give us something to this degree.

I can always dream, right?

10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I really don't understand how having a transformable gun and a overly-silver face makes it such a huge step above the original.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It isn't just that. It is the amazing paint job that makes this thing beautiful in my eyes. The chrome on the grill, the flames tha are actually pin-striped, and the new head sculpt. The gun is the last thing that I could care about. It is just icing on the cake.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I backed off from this once I saw the first fully painted pictures. Hated how there seemed to be too much silver around the eyes, made it look like he had glasses. And the ultra shiny silver paint/chrome..meh.

But then people started receiving them, and posting pictures of him..I think he actually IS badass now..so I'm happy to say mine is underway. :) 

Huge step might be a too big word, but overall the paintjob + added chrome seems to be so much better. And he has a cool plateless face. And a SWEET gun. Add this to an already great toy (and very movie accurate)..I can see why people would go a bit crazy over it. :) 

13. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Just ripped him out of the box and, wow, killer toy. The only thing that would've made it better is a face mask option but it is spectacular. The paint sells it, the greater attention to detail like painting on parts of the flames on his "hood" pieces in his chest even they don't actually form a part of the hood when you transform him, and I even noticed a little Autobot symbol on his chest, fully painted, right where it should be. The gun is ingenious and the chrome was much needed. As ultimate a movie Prime that's been made. No doubt.

And I loved the MA-21 Battle Mode Optimus from the first line. Still do. It's a great toy and much easier to transform. (Ha!) But Buster Prime is incomparable when it comes to accuracy and execution. Nicely done.

And do I need to start an official petition thread for someone like Fans Projects, or whomever, to make a face plate? Maybe as part of an accessory pack with the Matrix, the All Spark cube, and whatever else they want to put in it? PLEASE!

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

...but you also have to consider the batteries inside Buster Prime. either way you still have to take them out to prevent future leakages.

15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Just wanted to agree with everyone else that this is a BEAUTIFUL figure! The attention to detail, and the of the extra paint application, and the bits of chrome all come together to make this a really good looking figure. Especially when you stand Buster Prime and regular Prime side by side. Then it's really easy to see how much better Buster Prime looks.

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    He is super awesome. I can't picture Hasbro releasing this figure as he was released in Japan. Too many parts with the guns plus too much paint with all the silver paint and extreme detailing. There is a reason why he cost 1000 yen more in Japan than the normal version.

Randy

17. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

i should be getting mines by next week, i don't know why TF source is lagging behind, they still haven't even shipped mines out yet.

18. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree. pin striping? chrome? gun? metallic finish? translucent sword with silver detailing? paint detailing all around? BFG? meh

:) 

19. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DANG IT! you're right. im sad that you are right. goodbye MISB RA-24

20. cybertron_chris

cybertron_chris Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    received mine today! he is awesome!!!!! looks sooo good!

Attached Files: