buster prime and jetfire two pack or mp-10

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron10824, Nov 29, 2011.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

I'm kinda torn between these two right now, I never got buster prime or jetfire so now that this has come up it seems like this might be the best opportunity to get these two but i also really want mp-10. Which one do you guys think will be more available in the long run

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Jetfire is one of the worst Leader figures I've ever laid my hands on, and the combination of Jetfire and Optimus is really not worth it. I'd go for MP-10...but then it's also practically a given this may see a Hasbro release sometime in 2012 - 2013 minus the trailer.

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Buster Prime and Jetfire. MP10 will be easier to get down the line. If you don't like Jetfire, sell it. Faceplate Buster Prime however is pretty darn awesome.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    MP10 will be more available in the long run, Masterpieces tend to get reissues every few years. MP5 Megatron got re-released last year, and MP1 was repainted/re-released a bunch of times.

If I were you, I would buy MP10 because ROTF Leader Optimus is available in many forms, most recently in that 2 pack and retooled for HFTD, and DOTM. However, at the end of the day the easiest one to find will still be the ROTF leader Optimus. The rest will be more scarce since they have more appeal(aside from the HFTD version).

So if you are getting something now so you won't miss out later, get the Jetfire and Prime set. Plus there is no guarantee that we will ever get a Buster Prime stateside.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'd go for MP-10.... but I'm not a huge fan of the movie esthetic so it doesn't matter what I say lol.

How about instead Buster Prime you go for Jetwing Prime? I really want one of those.

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    For me re-releases of MP10 are inevitable whether by TT or by Hasbro. They will be available in abundance. But don't wait too long, as production runs tend to teper out and they will be a 'dry' season and it is that time if there is a demand, scalpers will hoard and sell at their prices.

The Buster prime / jetfire 2 pack is considered to be one of the best molds around (talking about the premium colors) and might not even have any confirmation of re-releases (to me at least).

But your milage may vary. So, the choice is up to you.

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me,i will choose Buster prime/jetfire 2 pack over MP10

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Buster Prime is the best Transformer ever made in my opinion. Depends how badly you want Jetfire too I suppose.

9. Stepper

News Credits:
    Buster Prime the best to a lot of collectors but to me,among the movie Optimus Prime mold, Jetwing Prime's mold is the best with abs

10. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I was kind of in the same dilemma as you but remembered how easy it was to pick up a Masterpiece figure down a the road. Who knows when/if Buster Prime will ever be released again much less the one with the faceplate. If you've always wanted one, this is probably the best time to pick one up -- the days of getting one off ebay for under $150 are long and gone :lol 

11. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I'd heavily lean towards the deco used for Buster in the two pack, rather than the earlier version

And if you dont want Jetfire, you shouldn't have much trouble shifting it.

Fixed : P

12. Stepper

News Credits:
    Actually Buster Prime's flame is more sweet with "white outline" to the flame compare to the giftset's buster prime with "blue" outline to the flame.

13. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

You know, if Striker had the Buster Prime paint, I would have been ALL over it. Even if it was $160 to cover the costs of the extra stealth bits. But the fact that it's the same dull paint as Jetwing (with darker tones at some parts) I knew, in the back of my mind, that I would not be happy spending $120 on it. It was still pretty tough letting it out of my POL, but the fact that I already committed to buying the DOTM 2 pack with Buster Prime, I just couldn't justify ANOTHER leader Prime figure (I already own the US ROTF version).

14. Stepper

News Credits:
    Just have to choose 1 set of Prime will do,is a good choice if you were to choose the giftset over Striker Prime,good choice