Buster Optimus in the US - chances?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BreakY, Jul 9, 2010.

1. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey all, hope your day is going great. If this has been covered before, I apologize.

So as to my question, like the title says, what are the chances that Hasbro would release a version of Buster Optimus in the US? I'm not saying exactly like the Takara/Tomy version with chrome, but definitely with the smokestack buster guns.

Would Hasbro decide to release an upgrade to this for the 3rd movie? Maybe sooner?

I'm just about ready to buy one of the imports just for the buster, but if Hasbro has plans to release a buster version, I think I will wait.

Would appreciate your thoughts and comments!

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I highly doubt Hasbro will release Buster Prime in the States, now that the upcoming "Battle Blades" Prime has both guns, both swords and a Matrix (in the chest!). If Hasbro was gonna release Buster, it would have been in the place of the Battle Hooks Prime I bet.

You're better off importing in my opinion.

3. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, since Battle Hooks Prime came out, I was thinking that might be it until the next movie came out. But at the same time, could Hasbro decide to throw the twin guns in for the next version of Prime for the third movie? Hmmmm...

4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Hasbro rarely ignores a mold Takara has made within a line that Hasbro sells. By which I mean there are entire Takara lines that Hasbro ignores (Robotmasters, Alternity), but things like Legends movie Devastator and Classics/Henkei Thrust and Dirge seem to always filter over to US shelves eventually.

That said, at this point if they do use the Buster Prime guns on a movie Leader Optimus it probably won't be until the toyline for the third movie. Unless they do another new mold for him, but that would be reinventing the wheel.

5. Hippobotimus

Hippobotimus Well-Known Member

Man, I really hope Buster Prime comes over here eventually. I just can't justify spending the money when I already have RotF Prime.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I kind of doubt it will happen, since Prime's look has allegedly been tweaked for TF3 - and the only real reason they'd do that would be as an excuse to make a new toy mold for the third movie after the near perfection attained in ROTF.

And as others have already said, there's little chance it'll be coming as part of HftD given the Battle Hooks one.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I say little now, for TF3, maybe. The chances are higher, but not by much.

Why not just some exclusive somewhere? I'd hit it.

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Whatever Hasbro do next year, based on precedent, there's a fairly good chance Takara will turn out an 'improved' version of Prime later in the year.

On top of which there's a very strong chance that next years prime will be a retool.

I'd suggest you just sit it out.

9. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I think there is a very strong chance of getting buster prime in the US. After all we got it here in Australia at the same time as the Optimus with the hooks.
    [​IMG]
    I bought my one at Kmart in this 2 pack for $150 Aud.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Australia also got imports of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus at Target, if I remember correctly. that never happened here.

11. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    You are correct about UM, I didn't know the US missed out on that.