Burnt! Alternatives to ActionHQ - avoid them

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by minstral, Feb 9, 2009.

1. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Don't buy from ActionHQ - ever!!

Has anyone been burnt by faulty Masterpieces? I orderd a MP2 reissue from ActionHQ and after opening it found the left leg was busted, it wouldn't stay extended.

I asked ActionHQ for an exchange and they said they can't guarantee that I didn't break it transforming it and that it was factory sealed when shipped. How am I supposed to know if the MP2 is ok or not without opening?! I've ordered from them twice before as postage to the UK is cheap. Loyalty accounts for nothing. :banghead: 

They wouldn't pay for postage and me sending it there and paying for it to be shipped back to get it fixed is costing me more than the actual toy!!!

Who knows which online retailers will exchange at no cost to the purchaser. Especially as this fault is Takara's?! I want to get MP Grimlock

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I always go with BBTS for this......they always come through when it comes to exchanges / broken figures, and they even let me to keep the broken figures.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yes, BBTS is great. You should also be aware that the MP-02 reissue is plagued with quality control problems. Its been well documented. They (ActionHQ) should know this and should offer you a replacement. They're being assholes. Next time go with BBTS. I hear good things from TFsource.

4. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

I've been wanting to buy from ActionHQ for awhile. I wanted to get the "Transformers Movie Collector's Magnet Head Series 2 Set of 7" from them since I can't find anyone else who is selling these magnets.

All I really wanted was Starscream and Scorponok... but the shipping is going to cost me so much that I've delayed buying from them yet. I never liked how they shipped from Hong Kong, anyway.

Does anyone else know where I can get those magnets other then ActionHQ?

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Short of a lucky find on eBay, nope.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Maybe ebay? Robotkingdom?

7. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

Ebay and Robot Kingdom has a very limited selection of them but not the ones I want.

Popbox collectibles are the ones who make them but most of the places they list to buy their products from never have it... except for of course, ActionHQ.

8. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Yeah BBTS, I got a Classics Astrotrain that was badly smashed, they sent me a new free of charge and told me keep the old one.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

There's been only one time where I ordered from Action-HQ... and that was for the Classics Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp set. That, and my brother got the Classics Devastator set from there as well.

These days, my brother and I deal with either TF-Source or Big Bad Toy Store. At least those retailers have a better rep.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A few places that I do my TF hunting in no particular order.

craigslist.com
    toyarena.com
    bbts.com
    tfsource.com
    ebay.com

It amazes me that people have no idea what you can find if you shop around. There are other online shops out there that give great service and good deals other than the popular shops.

11. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Welcome to the boards!! My friend bought 2 sdcc Skywarp mini-statues from them last year. One was fine the other was broken right out of the box. He gave me the ok one as a Bday present. When he called them and told them the situation, he got some serious attitude at which time he cancelled a pre-order he had made. After his experience and now the pure ass-ness described by you, I'll not be buying anything from them any time soon.

PS--TFSource is the source

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  12. minstral

News Credits:
    Thanks for all your advice. My saga continues, I was allowed to return the MP2 and was shipped a new one from ActionHQ at my own cost (which costed me the cost of the original MP2!). I was willing o accpet this but it had the same fault. I'm stuck with a busted MP2 now. I took it apart and know how to fix it but all I need is a right leg to change with. Urngh.

Has anyone had experience with BBTS shipping outside of the US? My mate got done by import duty as they declare the customs form to true value. Action HQ don't. Anyone used xl-shop.com?

13. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your story with actionhq, but i for one appreciate you giving the warning about their service quality. Good luck man.

14. minstral

News Credits:
    cheers. With their bad service I promised to spread the word.

15. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    damnI wish I had that kinda luck ive been wanting an Astrotrain lol

16. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Interesting. Yeah, ActionHQ used to be decent, many moons ago when they were named Actionace. But like A3U they went under and got bought out by another company, who assumed their identity then decided to take what little positive reputation they had and promptly flush it down the toilet.