Burnout Paradise question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by yodafett, Jun 21, 2011.

1. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Quick question.

I was a late bandwagon jumper, and I just recently found codes for 4 store specific paint themes, presumably with pre-orders, when I saw a friend had 79 cars to my 75. But every reference I can find says that the codes are "pre-patch". Since I am running the game with all updates, am I out of luck on those paint themes? Or if not, where the H-E-double-hockeysticks do you enter the codes? I can't find a code entry area anywhere in the game...

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The Wal Mart/Best Buy/etc cars?
    From Gamefaqs -
    During gameplay press start and pause the game.
    In the menu press Right Bumper.
    Go to Sponsor code and enter the following.
    Burnout Paradise Cheats, Codes, and Secrets for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

I entered them but it was before the second major update. If the updates disabled them then you can do a few things -

On 360 (maybe PS3) you can delete the larger update you had to download (and you only need the latest update, some people don't realize you can delete the older updates) and clear the cache (on 360 (this will cause you to have to update every game if needed though) and decline the update until you've entered the codes, you might corrupt your save though.

Clear the cache - How to clear your system cache

Edit: Also these are just skins for cars, the vehicles all the same stats/handling as thier base car.

3. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Yeah, that's them.
    I've got a PS3, so it may not be identical. Was the Sponsor code on the Store page of the menu, by chance? I didn't check that page as thoroughly. Makes perfect sense it'd be there, don't ask me why I left that page out...

EDIT: Yep, found a FAQ about it. Thanks for the assist. And it says update 1.6 disabled sponsor code entry. :(  Afraid to wipe out cache, because I bought the Ultimate box and downloaded it separately, plus, I don't want to lose trophies... MODS, feel free to close this to save space. :)