Burn Notice

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by General Magnus, May 24, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Anyone caught this series? It´s awesome. :D 

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

I watched it during the first run, I liked it and was glad when I heard USA was bringing it back..

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Burn Notice is one of the best shows on TV, period.

I don't like the fact that you have to wait a whole year for the next season, however.

"Summer Series"? What the hell were they thinking?

Oh and In Plain Sight looks good too, but I'm sure it will also be a summer series...

4. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I just heard about it recently.How a series with Bruce Campbell in it could avoid being loudly trumpeted by just about every reputable geek site is unbelievable.

5. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I watched the first few eps when I was at Botcon last year (think it was new out then). I'd been waiting for someone in the UK to pick it up as I was enjoying it but I guess I'll have to download it all now.

6. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

So true, the fact it's a damn good series should help too. I can't wait for season to to start.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Bumped for the New Season. Who here still watches this? I know I do, and you should too!

Bruce Campbell FTMFW!

8. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love this show. One of the 3 favs on TV right now. Never watched it when the first season was one, then caught a marathon of it one day on USA and got hooked. I cant believe Fi (real name escapes me at the moment) is like 39. Didn't think she was that old. Anyway, awesome show.

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Last night's episode was excellent. The season premiere was a bit...off kilter. Was great towards the end, but started out SLOOOOOOW.

The water saw was incredible. I loved that.

And the cop? She's going to be a pain in the ass, but wow is she something. Geez, she won the genetics lottery. Grrrrowl.

Thursday nights are doubly awesome on USA. Royal Pains is simply...excellent. Thank you USA for putting the good stuff on. NBC...take notice, because this is how you run a network. You Knight Rider killing bastards!

10. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I agree about the first episode feelling a bit off. Too many things were happening because they were plot convenient, and they made Mike seem stupider than he usually is for the same reason. Oh well, the episode this week was good, so no worries. Even a bad episode of Burn Notice is better than 99% of the rest of tv.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Burn Notice for the same reason i like Psych: there's a running homage to the 80s in it. Psych does it with the gags and jokes.
    Burn Notice just feels like an old episode of Magnum, P.I., with the voice over and the pacing, the tight circle of friends and so on.
    it's a great show in its own right, but imo, it is like comfort food- you know what you are getting, it never fails to hit the spot and you find yourself looking for it at odd times during the day to feed a craving.

and ASH for the WIN! Bruce is the MAN.

Gabrielle Anwar is smoking for almost 40.

Let's all hope when Monk gets cured/reinstated/whatever, USA gives us another show of this caliber.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love Burn Notice. It is Magnum PI/A-Team/MacGyver/James Bond all rolled into one. Fantastic series. Bruce is hilarious and I love Mike's mother. I like Fiona too. Love she always wants to shoot someone to solve the problem.

Loved Bruce in the latest episode. Loved the end where the bad guys are having the mexican stand off and Bruce just fires off a shot and the bad guys kill each other.

Royal Pains is also incredible. Well done and plenty of humor. Love the whole Robin Hood aspect to it. Heal the rich for money so you can treat the poor for free.

13. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    love the show, the ending of last Thursday nights episode was so funny

14. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Great show. Always felt the writing was top notch and a really great cast. Also one of the few examples of a constant narration that doesn't get boring.

15. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I love me some Burn Notice. It was recommend to me by an old girlfriend and even though it took me a while to listen (I watched Season 1 only a bit before 2 aired) she was right.

Such a great show. Action, humor, great cast, great setting. The narration it great too, I dig hearing Mike's info. It's a blast to watch each week.

Last year I made this comparison to Cowboy Bebop:

Obviously the show has progressed since then and certainly stands firm on its own merits, but I still get a bit of a Bebop (with perhaps a dash of A-Team thrown in) vibe from it, in a very good way.

16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's why I love the show, and Bruce's role in it.

17. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Random info that i found out the other day. Pretty funny:

I also watch House, M.D.(great show as well), and if anyone remembers the PI he hired a couple seasons ago to keep tabs on everyone, his real name is Michael Weston. Never knew that.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What i wanna know is, USA gets it right, but Sci-Fi can't (anymore, it seems)?

Aside from Stargate series and BSG, Sci-Fi can't even compete with USA anymore.
    (i know, they are part of the same corporation...)

Just wish they'd like at their cable cousin and follow suit.

I just realized that BN is also like Mission: Impossible (in Peter Graves' own words) in that "every episode was a con job."
    that's all Weston's cases are, really. he cons, he does the smoke and mirrors to give him the advantage. cool beans.

19. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Ah. Glad you mentioned him. His multi-episode stint on House...earned a spin off. It's supposed to air this fall, according to IMDB and TV Guide (I believe.)

NBC and Sci-Fi could really learn from USA, as mentioned, they're all one company. Why they can't figure out how to make each other awesome, is beyond me.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Let's just hope that NBC and SciFi never rub off on USA and ruin their great shows.