Burger King has TF3 toys!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Peaugh, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh the website has a guide what each toy does:
    week 1: Optimus Prime and Megatron
    flip out the bodies and they make sounds.
    week 2:Bumblebee and Starscream
    some kind of body pop up gimmick
    Week 3: Ironhide and Shockwave
    light up faction symbols on chest
    week 4: Ratchet and Soundwave
    Glow in the dark
    http://www.clubbk.com/Toys/Default.aspx

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got Optimus Prime and Megatron tonight. I went around looking for BumbleBee and Starscream but no BK had them yet. These things must be selling well already becasue one cashier told me that many people and kids came in to just buy the toys, and at another BK the cashier told me they only had 5 toys left and were expecting to be sold out by tomorrow. So the lesson is to grab them while you can.

3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I got the first four. Just went in my local BK and bought each of them for $1 (plus a Coke Icee :thumbs2: ). Now comes the tricky part - trying to figure out when the next ones come in. I think they are gonna go fast so it's gonna be hard guessing when they replenish them.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Prime, Megs, BB, and SS today. Best BK TF movie toys from all 3.

5. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my local bk only had megs and prime. picked up one of each

6. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    my bk right down the street just started the promotion today..no prime or megs..starscream and bee tho..could they have missed them or maybe they opened the wrong box..lol

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking wrong box.

8. Darthrai

Darthrai Well-Known Member

Just got Optimus and Megatron today and they are awesome. This set is waaaaaaay better than the TFTM and ROTF promotions; a lot more work was put into them apparently, and they put an unusual amount of detail into the sculpts, right down to the cyberglyphics on Megs' head. (Contrast with the 2009 "Soundwave" toy that didn't even depict Soundwave, or any character for that matter.)

After being disappointed with the fact that the concurrent Pokémon McDonald's promotion come with French TCG cards here in Montreal (protip: no one plays the TCG in French in Quebec, even in the Frenchiest parts of the province), it was a very nice surprise to get the same Optimus as the USA and the rest of Canada with the full Cullen sound clip (rather than an abbreviated clip like the retail toys or a French clip with the Quebec voice or something). The irony is that Cullen himself is from Montreal :p 

Plan on collecting the whole set - can't wait for Shockwave, he looks very badass (Though the Starscream toy makes me realize how ugly Movieverse SS is, even though I'm no G1 fan he would have looked better if he was more faithful to his G1 counterpart like Soundwave and Shockwave, or at least if he was more humanoid like Megs.)

9. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Well this sucks. Went to my nearest BK today, and they said that they're no longer carrying toys due to cost concerns. On the plus side, they got some sweet new Coca Cola Freestyle soda machines (which probably caused those problems). These things are freaking awesome, 100+ types of soda....they remind me of food replicators in Star Trek. :lol 
    Anybody else seen these popping up?

10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    What?

11. Facemeat

Don't ask me, that's what they said. They even took down the entire toy display case...kinda sad. Of course, they didn't even show the decency to adjust the kid's meal prices to reflect this...

EDIT: Just so we're clear, they were referring to that BK in particular, not all BK's.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're not alone. I just went to a BK tonight and the polite manager lady working there told me that corporate will have all BK's in RI (not sure about the rest of the country) do away with toys completely come this October.

Apparently California and their health-conscious ways are to blame. Way to ruin the fun for everyone California.

13. Facemeat

Oh snap...maybe it is nationwide then. There goes my hope for getting the DOTM toys. :(  Also, from your post, I assume "cost concerns" wasn't entirely truthful.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I asked her about that coke-remix thingy and she said it would not have mattered. At her restaurant, the toys actually sell much more than the kids meals, which seems to add up since some of my BK's are already sold out of toys completely and they've only received wave 1 so far.

If you want a set of 8 I could try and grab you one.

15. Spongezilla

Spongezilla Well-Known Member

I went to Burger King today, and got me Bumblebee and Starscream. I guess I missed the first wave by a day, since when I got in there they were putting the new wave into bags. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some left overs at another BK.

16. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    when I went to BK yesterday yes they had the toy display turned around but were giving out older toys and said they planned to give out transformer toys when the movie was released, it sounds as if different BK places are doing different things.

17. Facemeat

Thanks man, I really appreciate that! :)  However, I was more or less just hoping to pick these up in BK if I could...they're neat, but only if I can pick them up for about $1 each as impulse buys. I'm not even sure what I'd do with them, I just think they look pretty cool. I'll try another BK in a few days; hopefully they haven't all stopped toys yet in my area.

18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I got Starscream and Bumblebee today at another Burger King. These are pretty cool little figures, I must say. I still prefer the McDonald's ones from earlier this year, though.

Also, it's kind of annoying that they went to the trouble of putting the often overlooked Decepticon logo on Starscream's forehead but then didn't paint it. Ah, well.

19. Obscure

Obscure Active Member

Is anyone else's Prime purple? I asked wht ones they had and they said gray or purple and I sake purple thinking it would be shock but it was prime.

20. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Picked up OP and Megs today -- cool little thingamabobs for $0.99 each!

Unfortunately, I also picked up an Angry Whopper. Whoppers still suck. :(