Bumper Bio?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sstralkowski, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sstralkowski

sstralkowski FodderBot

I am looking for a bio on Bumper. Wiki explains where he showed up int he comics and such, but I need more of a profile on his personality and abilities. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

There really isint much to tell you.
    He was used in was Dreamwaves TF comics but he didnt get much play.He didnt even get an entry in Dreamwaves profile books.

He was also used in IDW's Megatron origin book but he was killed real quick.

I hate to quote a Wiki site but here's a few links.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Bumper_(G1)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumper_(Transformers)
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Bumblejumper

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

5. sstralkowski

sstralkowski FodderBot

Wow, I didn't realize he was such a minimally fleshed out character.

6. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    well, originally he wasn't even a character at all
    out of the 'minibot' molds taken from japan to use in Hasbo's Transformers line in 1984, he was also brought over, but because he was so similar to cliffjumper, his figure had slipped in. He was released on cliffjumper cards (never on bumblebee's), but and was released in yellow (like the yellow cliffjumper was). Because he was yellow, and on cliffjumper packaging, he was given the name bumblejumper by fans on the net. However he was never given a profile or character of his own until nearly 20 years later when dreamwave used him. It was here that I first saw him called 'bumper'. If he was called that before, I don't know. But that's the extent of his appearance was in DW and IDW. So in short, he was never "officially" released, his mold was merely used in place of cliffjumpers mold for some of the production of some of the toys.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

It's almost like they were going to release him though as official... and then didn't in the US or Japan.

The art on the Antex minibots makes me think the art existed in the Hasbro/Takara realm since it's the same style as every other piece of G1 box art. Unless someone just copied it for the Estrela ones.

And heres a "Bumper" bio as translated on the back of the Estrela card:

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    For what's it worth, Dreamwave solicited but never released a comic called Datatracks 2004, which was said to have new More Than Meets The Eye profiles. Bumper's was probably going to be in it.

I wonder what ever happened to any of that material? We've seen pages from G1 #11 and 12. Datatracks was delayed several times, maybe none of it was completed?

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont think they ever got to making any new material for that porject.
    Most of that book was going to be a flat reprint of their "More Than Meets The Eye" profile books with only a few new entries.

10. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    That can't be right. I found the old solicit for Datatracks, and with how short it was going to be, it had to be all-new material.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Hmm, I've never even heard of this solicitation.

It's a shame (for James McDonough & Adam Patyk) that their stuff was still being used so late in Dreamwave's life long after they had left over the pay dispute.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

My bad I got the 2005 year special mixed up with the Trade paperback edition of the "MTMTE" profile book they were going to do.