1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

About a couple of weeks ago, I emailed Hasbro and asked the company a couple of things. First, I asked them what the newly registered "Transformers One" is. I asked them if it was another show or web series that would focus on another group of Autobots lead by another leader with the word, "One", in the name since "Transformers One" sounds like "Transformers Prime". I also asked Hasbro if there would be adult human characters showing up in "Transformers Prime" in the future that, unlike Agent Fowler, would form bonds with the bots like the kids are doing. I told Hasbro that if "TF One" is another Transformers show I would definitely watch it since I LOVE "TF Prime". I also stated that as an adult fan, I would like to see more adult human characters besides the kid ones.

Well a week later, a Hasbro rep emailed me back and told me to contact the Hub channel. The rep even posted a link. So I emailed the Hub.

Well today I got an email from the Hub stating that they do not have the time to respond to all the emails they get but that suggestions from viewers are very important to them. I understand if they don't have the time to answer my email. However, I never made suggestions. I just asked a couple of questions. I feel like I just wasted my time. A bit bummed.

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    If theres any doubt, I can confirm, you indeed wasted your time ;;. Lil more faith in them lost

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Unless you're actually working for them, sending emails to a major company or network is usually always a waste of time.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They probably didn't understand your question. I don't think I even understand it.

5. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

What are you expecting, exactly? That they'll reveal their plans for the show to you via an email?

One of two things here, both of which lead to them telling you nothing: 1) they don't have definite plans, yet, or the CS jockey has no info; 2) they have them, but they don't plan to divulge those plans as a response to random email from dude on the internet.

I fail to see what benefit there is to Hasbro in responding to your request for them to reveal their plans.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It's not so much that they didn't tell me anything. In fact, I stated in the email that I know they can't tell me everything, but any response would make me happy. It's just that they sent me an email that didn't make much sense. Again, I asked questions not gave suggestions. They could have just sent me an email stating that they can't divulge anything instead of the vague response they gave me. And Hasbro's the one that told me to email them and even sent me the link. But I've heard that sometimes not saying anything may be saying something. Maybe that's why they sent me such a vague email?

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I simply asked two questions. I wanted to know what the newly registered "Transformers One" is. Is it going to be a new TF show or web series since it was registered for only entertainment purposes. I also wanted to know if there would be more adult human characters in the future who would interact with the bots like the kids do. I thought my questions were pretty straight forward.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You made it sound more convoluted and like a made up fan dream in your original post.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    That and you're also basically asking them "Tell me you're future plans with Transformers".

If what you're asking them hasn't been revealed yet, there's a 99% chance that they won't tell you.

10. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah waste of time. I wasn't expecting them to answer everything. But I was hoping for just a little something. Hasbro UK at least told one poster that TFP and WFC were not in the same continuity only to have Hasbro US state that they were. So I was hoping for just a tiny bit of info.

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well it wasn't my intent to do anything more than ask a couple of questions. I don't think it was that convoluted.

12. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Looks like at least one suggestion to me:

Finally, these emails are being handled by some minimum wage CS person. It isn't the shows creators and writers pouring through these emails. It isn't some mythical all knowing "Hasbro". The conflicting info on WFC/Prime is a perfect example of this. Rabid fanboys are hanging on every word as if it's canon. Rather, you're getting guesses from different CS guys.

13. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I still don't understand Hasbro's logic in stating that TFP and WFC are in the same continuity when it's obvious they are not. I guess from now on nothing from Hasbro makes any sense anymore.

14. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This and to expound on that this is actually why I don't see the point of the Q&A rounds that get submitted each month. The answers got stale and canned after about round 3.

Us: "What figures are you going to be releasing"
    Hasbro: "We can't tell you at this time"
    Us: "Why did you guys decide to do that particular awesome figure?"
    Hasbro: "We felt it was the right move to make at this time."
    Us: "What's going to be new and different about the next show/movie/comic coming up"
    Hasbro: "we can't give specifics but we like to keep things new and different"

I mean it's literally just the same three questions and answers. It's gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore. I just wait and we get what we get when we get it and just hope it doesn't suck.