Bumblejumper on a Bumblebee card

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bny888, May 25, 2012.

1. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I wanted to bid on this but the seller ended the auction:

Transformers G1 Bumblejumper on Bumblebee Card | eBay

Looks like a reseal, but my question is, has anyone seen a Bumblejumper on a Bumblebee card which isn't a reseal?

My next question is, how much do you think the above item is actually worth? I can see some chrome wear on the back plate and looks like there's also some on the wheels.

Thanks in advance! :) 

2. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    The problem with this is it's a reseal - someone could place a mint bumblejumper (retail value 100) on an opened bumblebee card that originally had a bumblebee (maybe 100 with the bubble/or use a repro bubble). Still expensive to do considering the bumblebee bubble is car mode (1st release), but not improbable.

And actually, while looking up bumblebee cards, found this:
    Vintage Transformers G1 Figure: Mini Vehicle BUMBLEBEE 100% C10- w Card Back | eBay

Based on the seller not being knowledgeable, this was probably a true bumblejumper on a bumblebee card.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I remember back in the day that I would see so many variations of this that it was ridiculous. I would often see Cliffjumper on both his and Bumblebee's cards in both colors and the same with Bumblebee and I would also see Bumblejumper on both Cliffjumper and Bumblebee cards (which incidently is why he is often referred to as "Bumblejumper". That particular mold never had it's own card with it's own character name).

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Seen some of those too several years ago, when I wasn't into Mini-bots. I think the Estrela/Brazil Bumblejumper had its own card, I'll look it up in my TF pics. :) 

Found it, a bit cut up, but maybe, somewhere, someone owns an MOSC example. :) 
    [​IMG]

I know who won that auction, lucky guy, that's a very good deal. :) 

Attached Files:

5. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In many many many years of collecting I have yet to see one. I owned one on a cliffjumper card. Its probably as mythical as a sealed blue bluestreak

6. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
  7. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Excerpt taken from Bumper (G1) - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki

"The toy that has come to be known as "Bumper" or "Bumblejumper" has never had an official Transformer release from either Hasbro or Takara. Originally a mold from Takara's pre-Transformers Microman Microchange line, the yellow version[1] of the "MC-04 Mini CAR Robo 02 Familia 1500XG" mold appeared on Cliffjumper cards in 1984[2] (it's not impossible that he was also available on Bumblebee cards, but to this day, no packaged example has surfaced). How this toy came to be released in this manner has yet to be determined, and it's highly likely the mystery may never be solved, although a few factors point to this toy being intended for a Transformers release by Hasbro.[3]

For years, the toy was referred to as "Bumblejumper" by fans, a portmanteau of "Bumblebee" and "Cliffjumper", since he was believed to have been packaged on the cards for both of those Minicars. In the early 1990s, the shortened and more Transformers-like name "Bumper" began to propagate through the fandom. The name was made "official" for the toy when it was used in the first issue of Dreamwave's on-going Transformers comic in 2004.

The only official Transformers releases of the mold were the versions released by Estrela in Brazil. It was known simply as "Sedan" and was cast in four color schemes, first two as the "Robocar" Sedan, then two more as the heroic "Optimus" Sedan.[4]

The alternate mode for this figure is a Choro-Q version of a Mazda Familia."

8. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

A great question!

I've been looking for this variant for a long time, but have never seen a sealed example.

I have never seen both Cliffjumpers on Bumblbee's card & I have never seen seen both Bumblebees on Cliffjumper's card. I have only seen Bumblejumper on Cliffjumper's card. Does anybody out there have any other sealed examples besides these?
    [​IMG]

1984 SERIES 1 MINICAR CLIFFJUMPER (RED) PRE RUB AFA 75 MOSC

[​IMG]

1984 SERIES 1 MINICAR CLIFFJUMPER (YELLOW) PRE RUB AFA 85 MOSC

[​IMG]

1984 SERIES 1 MINICAR CLIFFJUMPER (BUMBLEJUMPER) PRE RUB AFA 85 MOSC

[​IMG]

1984 SERIES 1 MINICAR BUMBLEBEE (YELLOW) PRE RUB AFA 80 MOSC ARCHIVAL CASE

[​IMG]

1984 SERIES 1 MINICAR BUMBLEBEE (RED) PRE RUB AFA 80 MOSC

I still got your pre rub AFA 80 Yellow Bumblebee!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    :drool:  over too much AFA Mini-bot goodness! :) 

10. TheMint1980

TheMint1980 Member

It looks legit. The Bubble appears to be a genuine Bjumper bubble...different from the Cliffjumper or Bee bubbles by a long shot in terms of fit and form. You can also see that the cards colors look genuine enough and YES, there have been sealed Bumblejumper's found on Bumblebee cards.

It's possible it's a complete fake in terms of packaging, but I'm unaware of a counterfeit Bumblejumper bubble that looks that authentic.

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The bubble does look legit, but some chrome wear can be seen on the wheels and backplate, I think there's a big possibility it has been resealed.

Do you have any pics of a Bumblejumper on a Bumblebee card? Would love to see them. Thanks in advance.

12. TheMint1980

TheMint1980 Member

bny888

I saw that too...but I've owned 2 of these MOSC AFA graded, and seen a 3rd MOC. The area/room in the bubble, specifically at the back of the car allows for "play" and that tiny bit of wear at those points is very common, even on MOSC examples. The bjumper bubble is much larger than other pre rub minicar bubbles, and the toy will literally rattle around inside, as if it needs a support like the larger autobot cars. As you tilt the card, the toy will literally "bump" up or down, no pun intended. That is often how that wear you see occurs, even factory sealed on these toys. Good point though, and it still could be a reseal, but if it is, it's one of the best I've ever seen.