2D Artwork: Bumblee Warmup Drawing

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by gdpwatson, Dec 18, 2007.

1. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. Below is the next in my series of pictures wherein i attempt to salvage what little remains of my artistic skills after years and years of neglect.

The first attempt (of Prime), whilst not being brilliant, was ok and i held some small degree of pride towards it. However this time around i am very unhappy, mostly cos the pencil version looked pretty nice and i totally messed it up when i inked it! I think i got a bit too excited when i was finished the pencil sketch that i rushed the inking part, which is why there are a lot of thick bold lines everywhere. That was where i made a mistake and attempted to rectify things - this is especially obvious around the face cos it looks like Bumblebee is crying tears of oil or something!!

But you have to take the bad with the good, so whilst this isn't as good as i was hoping it would be it has still aided in the development of my art skills. If nothing else i at least know to take my time with the inking stage of the next one (which i think will be Predaking)!!

The drawing itself is based off of one of the covers for Transformers/G.I. Joe The Art of War comic. Once again i'd love some feedback and criticism.

*EDIT* The image seemed to disappear off imageshack for some reason!!

[​IMG]

Shot at 2007-12-18

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I can't draw for the life of me, so I'm impressed. I'd like to see a finished Predaking.

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That's killer looking.
    Predaking, you say ???
    You have my attention !!!
    I look forward to seeing more of your work

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Nice...

5. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah i'm looking forward to getting stuck into the Predaking picture. It's also from the Art of War comic. I should probably invest in more comic books!!