Bumbledeluge

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tabtiurf, Jul 31, 2010.

1. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Horray for popular characters and all, but I realized something last night while enjoying the splendor of a target with a fully reset TF section:

There are no fewer than FIVE bumblebees all coming out together in the current waves:

battle blades bumblebee
    battle OPS bumblebee
    legends bumblebee (I can't remember his adjective)
    WFC bumblebee
    activators bumblebee

I'm sort of mystified. Wouldn't it have made more sense to move some of those into the 2nd or 3rd new wave? We've seen most of those waves, and there's nary a bumblebee among them, aside from a couple redecos in the exclusive two-packs.

I can understand Hasbro wanting to always have a BB on the pegs, but 5 at once, 3 of which are the same price? I dunno. I don't get it.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    They are all separate waves.

Battle Blades is Autobot Alliance Wave 1, as is the Activators. Battle Ops BB is also in this line but is a different wave and size class.

WFC Bee is Wave 1 Generations, which came out a month - 2 months before the Autobot Alliance figures.

I assume by legends you mean the recently revealed Gold Bumblebee, which isn't due out for ages.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You might want to ask a mod to move this into the toy discussion forum.

Personally I'm not bothered by all the Bumblebees we get. At least the ones in your list have some variety, unlike Cannon BB, NEST Cannon BB, Alliance BB etc.
    I can accept that some people are irked by the fact that a Bumblebee figure in a wave is taking the place of something more deserving (?) but the kids love him and you don't have to go and buy it, save your money for something you'd prefer or buy something cool online.

4. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

What Auto Morph said. The little yellow fella is a popular seller that probably keeps Hasbro's more-obscure TF lines and characters ticking over.

Haha, think of Bumblebee as funding your hopes of one day getting a Masterpiece Impactor or Generations Ironfist.

I do. ;)