Bumblebees Voice arc - Theories or Expectations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by The F.N.G., Jan 4, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    He should have a voice if they do show a "flashback", at least until his injury takes his voice away...I think what most of us would like to see is Ratchet helping Bee "regain" his voice--permanently. It is time to make that happen.

Agreed, they do need to give us the episodes that return Bee's voice, it really isn't fair to have the other VA's use up their lines translating Bee's lines for us, the viewer. The other VA's should voice their lines and get one of them or another VA for Bee.:2c: 

True, as for Soundwave, his character in TFP has the advantage of at least "playing back" recorded comments..and eerily pointing to somebot or someone to make his point graphically clear. :eek: 

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just give him subtitles.

For extra fun make the subtitles black and yellow with little bumblebees flying around the letters.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I understand why some people are annoyed about Bumblebee's lack of voice so far but as for his lack of comunication what about body language? I saw him express his feelings that way at times so does that count?

Trust me I want him to regain his speech somehow too. I was dissapointed about how the movies didn't have him regain his voice compleatly. Here's hoping that Transformers Prime won't do the same mistake and if they at least have him talking in the flashbacks that'll be enough for me.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

I love the idea Shroobmaster had with giving him subtitles.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    :lol  Love this!

But I keep my subtitles on for TFP...and all they do so far is "beep, boop, bop" but I love the one that will come up "unrecognizable sounds" :lol 

6. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be hilarious and I would definitely approve if they did so.

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Not sure about the bumblebees flying around, but otherwise, yes.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  It's like Sigourney Weaver's character in Galaxy Quest.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yes. Thanks for the spot on clarification.

And the thing about movie Bumblebee is that he does those sound bytes with the quick pantomimes and wild gestures and you know exactly what he said without his actually speaking.

But with Prime Bumblebee there's a room full of speaking characters and one who goes 'Bzzt. Doop doop. Aroooo' and he just comes off as the 'challenged' member of the Autobots.

10. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

I agree that we really need a way to understand Bumblebee, as not being able to talk really hurts his character. He's easily the least interesting Autobot right now. After 26 episodes of BEEP BEEP BOOP, though, having him regain his voice would seriously weird me out. Imagine if R2D2 suddenly got a voice. I'd probably get used to it in time, but I'd be happy just with subtitles.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That seems out of character. This version of Bumblebee is brave, but he isn't stupid. There's no reason regaining his voice should obliterate his common sense.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. It's not a matter of speaking vs. not-speaking, it's communicating vs. not-communicating.

It'd be like if someone was mute and you had to communicate with them through sign language, or simply by watching their body movements (Soundwave), vs. if someone ran around flailing their arms and saying "BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH BLUGHR BEEP BARGH!" (TFP Bumblebee). They're speaking, but it means diddly-squat as we don't understand him.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So Johnny Yong Bosch then?

14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Well, he got better about it.

I mean how he would actually try to hold his own. This version could, and as such, could insult the enemy.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm sure they will somehow in the flashback at least! While I think He should have said some words that were memroble in Season 1 i don't think he'll say sych a thing at Arcee in One shall fall. He was upset greatly but he does understand that Arcee had this happen to her two times while this was his first time experenceing this tramua. She was just trying to talk him out of going off for revenge because she saw how great a folly that was in Partners. If he did say that he'll probably say afterwards "Arcee I'm sorry about saying that I was upset." She'll understand that he didn't mean it but yeah I get what you mean.:)  As for the Sick Mind,and Out of his head episodes it would have made sense if he did talk inside Megatron's mind seeing how the phisical effect doesn't effect his mental thoughts but I could be missing something here

16. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I'm wondering about that as well. My best guess is that they didn't have a voice actor for Bumblebee at that point so they just had him "talk" the way he usually does in the show instead of with a voice. There might be an in-show reason for why he couldn't talk when he was inside Megatron's mind as well that I missed or it just hasn't been explained.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You think so? That's kind of a bummer because if they found a voice actor for him back then it would have made a lot of people happy about it.

Hopefully they will fix that around Season 2 by making him talk.:) 

18. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    That's the only reason I can think of at the moment and it really would have made a lot of people happy if they had got a voice actor for him for those episodes.

It's one of my biggest hopes for season 2 that they'll let him finally talk.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm still clinging to the theory of he loses his voice when he has that hole in his side in FoC.

20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the topic of Bumblebees beeping, I'd like it if they explained the 'Bots understanding of it as an alternate form of communication utilised by all Cybertronians. Could have Bulkhead or Arcee deliver a line in the same method.