Bumblebees Voice arc - Theories or Expectations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by The F.N.G., Jan 4, 2012.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee’s muteness will be explained in early Season 2. "A terrific two-parter that explores how Bumblebee lost his voice and all of the ramifications of that." - Link

Season Two is just around the corner, and with it comes a look into Bumblebees character. Losing his voice in battle, coping with that injury, and the possibility of regaining the ability to speak. What are some expectations that you guys may have for this two-parter?

Personally, seeing as we already know how Bumblebee lost his voice, I'm hoping we get to see it happen in a flashback to the battle at Tyger Pax.

2. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

I'm hoping he will regain his voice, at least partly. In Exiles he could talk, but his voice could disappear in the middle of the sentence. I will be satisfied if he speaks even ONE word during the two-parter (that's not in the possible flashback).

And hell yes! for the flashback of the battle at Tyger Pax! :D 

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm just hoping they give him a voice. They're some times during the first season where a voice would have been great. For example, in 'One Shall Fall' when Arcee tells him to "keep his emotions in check" and that "revenge won't help Raf", Bee could have completely burned her by saying "what, like you?" or something to that effect. Also, the 'Sick Mind' and 'Out of His Head two parter would have been better if Bee actually spoke.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Johnny Yong Bosch would be a welcome addition to the cast.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Soundwave will speak in it I bet. They'll get everyone hyped up about SW speaking but it will turn out just to be in flashbacks along with Bumblebee.

6. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I agree with this. I hope we do get to hear him, but I do like him silent, tho. I wonder if there is a reason Soundwave is silent.

But getting back to Bee, I hope they once and for all give him a voice again.

7. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind if he speaks or not. I'd rather they just explain how Raf can understand him.

8. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I want to see a flashback of Tyger Pax and I hope that Bumblebee will get his voice back by the end of the two-parter. If they're going to give him his voice back, I think this would be the perfect time to do it.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    *Brofist*

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Raf's a robot, that's why he can understand him.

Agreed. He's the only person I can think of that would do Bee justice.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I know the show "loosely" follows the story from the games. So how does it all fall in sequence. War for Cybertron, then Exodus (where he loses his voice), and then FOC? Or is Exodus after FOC?

12. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

^War for Cybertron is basically telling a small part of Exodus, and Fall of Cybertron is going to tell other part of the Exodus, so they're happening at the same time. Exiles follows all three. :) 

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really hope Bumblebee regains his voice.
    While silence really enhances Soundwave’s character in Transformers Prime being mute really devalues Bumblebee’s character.

In the Bay movie Bee’s 5 second sound bytes not only communicate the character to the reader, but they give him a personality.
    He seems clever even.
    In Transformers Prime Bumblebee goes ‘Beeep Booooop Arrrrrerr’ and if Raf is there he magically answers him.
    But all of the other humans, including the viewer, are left wondering what he said.

But I think the worst case in point is in Speed Metal when there was actual danger and Bumblebee could not let Jack know.
    He just booped and buzzed and quite frankly looked stupid.

I’m not saying the staff of Transformers Prime needs to make Bumblebee able to talk, but they need to make him able to communicate.
    It’s a shame because they’ve made a completely silent Soundwave the most sinister character on the show.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This exactly. This perfectly sums up my view on the whole "Bumblebee without a voice" thing. Not talking is fine, but because he can't communicate everything he says needs to be repeated through Raf, which not only takes up time but is incredibly annoying.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well and as much as I can absolutely suspend my disbelieve... I mean, I can type shit into google translate and a clear voice reads what I typed. If Ratchet is that good, at least give him a device that translates his thoughts or beeps into a voice they can all understand. I think a human could do it for them, so why not Ratchet. Just shove an iPhone up Bumblebee's ass and he should be able to talk.

16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Give him a voice actor, and mouth.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He doesn't need a mouth. Honestly a mouth on that head would look creepy as fuck.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just figure I'd point out that Bumblebee can communicate with his fellow Cybertronians just fine. It's talking with human characters (and by extension us, the viewers) that is difficult.

I agree with SPLIT, he doesn't need a mouth. The Vehicons don't have mouths but can speak just find.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's not what he meant. When he says communicate he means with the viewer. We need to be able to understand him, and beeps are not understandable. It means nothing that he can communicate with some of the other characters. We can't connect to a character that can't communicate with us in some way. Movie Bumblebee we can communicate with. Hell, Soundwave doesn't make any noise and we can understand him better than Bumblebee.

20. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I just hope that if he gets his voice back, he becomes a mix of WFC and Animated BB, with WFC's voice and skills and Animated's Leeroy-ness